Character creator and decals/specifically tattoos

Posted By woody173 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi I have purchased the addon for character creator Essential morphs and skins because I wanted to put a tattoo on my character I created of my friend. Got the character just the way I wanted selected my tattoo design to go in the decal bit and it doesn't show up anywhere on the body. I tried changing scale position and orientation (rotate) and it still doesn't show. Any ideas would be really appreciated.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
This may not be much help, but I can definitely confirm this as a potential issue -- I don't see anything either, no matter what I try.  Decals work on the face, but seemingly not on the body no matter which skins I try.

You ought to start another thread in the CC forum, though, as that's where it really needs to be (or perhaps Peter can move this there).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
This is a known issue, but I don't know where we are with that, if it is in FT and if there is a workaround.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
If you are using PBR, you need to fill in both the "base color" (your image), and the mask. The mask can be a simple white square to show a square image, or be a cutout of your image where the black is transparent, and the white where is your image shows.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Doesn't work for me, Rampa, doing this (using a completely white mask).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oops, spoke too soon -- it works but the first thing I tried was Decal 1, which apparently is a pubic area (didn't see it because, well, default is dressed).

Need to see what Decal 2 and 3 are (it's too bad we don't have the same ability we do with clothing to turn on the coloring to show where things are located).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yipes -- all THREE are located in the pubic area (someone have a fetish?).  So you can move them, of course, with offsets, but I have to admit this is pretty weird, not the least of which is, thanks to the prudishness of RL, the default character is dressed in underwear (which is an odd kind of prudishness).

For those folks with this particular fetish, doing things in the genital area is pretty easy -- for others, most tattoos I'm going to guess are NOT in that area (I can't say for sure, as I'm so old that if a person has a ton of tattoos and piercings they are... wait for it... male in nature.  And those folks I tend not to see areas normally covered by underwear).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
If you look at the UV map, or one of the texture in an image editor. it will immediately be clear why it appears first in the groin. It has nothing to do with perviness! Wink

It's right in the middle of the map. That allows for the most flexibility when using the placement controls.

It was actually all the forum prudes that raised such a stink about the naked girl, that she got underware.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, that's perhaps an explanation but not a good reason -- there's no reason, for example, not to have each decal be initially located at different positions (so the first at the chest level, the second at the abdomen and the third could be the groin).  As I said, it's particularly disconcerting because if you have that underwear on you won't see the initial decal).

I know folks did complain here, but it was still RL that acted.  It just looks pretty silly to me to have her come up in her underwear (and a needless removal step needed if you don't otherwise need her wearing underwear).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
Never mind, I didn't read the last two posts... Anyway, I have to try to get the decals working as I need them as well.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic