my DAZ clothes shrinkwrap in CC

Posted By wendyluvscatz 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
https://img15.deviantart.net/7462/i/2017/178/1/5/capture_by_wendyluvscatz-dbe8iiu.jpghttps://img05.deviantart.net/4344/i/2017/178/a/7/b_by_wendyluvscatz-dbe8ii3.jpg
it looks OK in Blender and follows the test animation
I weightpainted the skirt to the pelvis and that also worked as expected
But in CC it shrinkwraps to the iAvatar and I am wondering how to solve this?

Edited
7 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

well replace mesh in 3DX6 did not work well
https://orig06.deviantart.net/a08b/f/2017/178/8/4/capture_by_wendyluvscatz-dbe8l5y.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Could be that weighting the entire skirt to the pelvis is a problem. Can you weight it to the legs?
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

no sadly it still does it weighted to the legs and shrinks into them the same with horrible stretching as they move, far worse than a DAZ transfer utility fitted skirt.
I did that first and tried to fix it by basically removing the bone influences but it stll shrinks onto the figure.
I may neec to split it into top and bottom halves instead of having a dress.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
I still have not figured out a good way to weight skirts. I wish we had a pre-weighted long, narrow skirt to use as a weighting template.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

this playing in Blender also led to another possible answer I have been seeking.
Not unticking the leaf weights gets the same error as a Carrara export.
So maybe Carrara adds leaf weights?

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
wendyluvscatz (6/27/2017)
well replace mesh in 3DX6 did not work well
https://orig06.deviantart.net/a08b/f/2017/178/8/4/capture_by_wendyluvscatz-dbe8l5y.jpg

This bug has been reported a long time ago and still does not seem to be fixed. I most cases I can use the Replace Mesh as long as you don't load new UVs (there is an checkbox option to either use old UV or new UV).

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
One possible solution is to buy the Export License for a long skirt from the Marketplace and then use the weight paint (but not the mesh) from that.
For example, buy the Export License for Delerna's gown (https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCC415a194d9eb9aa3d7&Refer=1). Export as FBX (if you have pipeline). Then bring your own mesh and the gown mesh into Blender (or similar software) and transfer Weight Paint. Hint: If you don't have Pipeline, get the Trial. It allows 15 exports. Export the gown once and keep the file around to transfer Weight Paint for all future projects.

Having said that, I fully agree that the CC Dress that comes with CC should have been a full length dress. It is always easier to cut a dress down to make it shorter but it is much harder to extend a dress to make it longer.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

if I make sure the garment is welded and no separate vertex names I found I can export the scrunched up mesh from 3DX to Carrara and use the smoothing brush on it then do replace mesh.
This does not work on a DAZ mesh exported straight from DAZ studio though, it needs to be fixed (welded ) in Carrara prior to importing into Blender to weightpaint. I have fixed it in Blender though too but am unsure which mesh edit tool did it, (know weld does in Carrara) .
I lost this thread so never updated my process but it is working much better if I can get figure out what I did in Blender the time I did weld it (there is no specific tool called that)

Edited
7 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

I posted the workflow on Facebook only to find I cannot link pictures from Facebook to the forum so got annoyed at Facebook and gave up.

Reading This Topic