HELP NEEDED: Exporting Baked Goods

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Is it possible to export an object's mesh after it has gone through soft cloth animation? For example, the classic demo of softcloth is the tablecloth demo. The tablecloth is dropped over a small round table and it conforms to the table. But is it possible to then export that (softcloth adjusted) mesh shape?

It seems to me that this would be very useful for some clothing creation. The original clothing could be made more flat or blocky and then run through softcloth to make it more realistic. For example, a dress could be made from a smooth mesh shell and then some folds and/or pleats could be introduced using softcloth draping. If the results could then be exported they could then be used as the source for a 2nd pass of the piece of clothing which would look more natural.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I wish someone would prove me wrong, but it is not possible in iClone. The most I could do, is to save cloth simulation as a prop for reuse.
But while exporting to 3D Exchange soft cloth simulation is stripped (I could not make it stick)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f3068ac9-2ad2-43d3-b41c-e162.jpg

But then again, there is no reason to bring a model to iClone for cloth simulation and then back, while it all can be done in the cloth development application (Blender?)

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
4u2ges (6/15/2017)
IBut then again, there is no reason to bring a model to iClone for cloth simulation and then back, while it all can be done in the cloth development application (Blender?)

Normally I would agree with you except that I am new to Blender so I only, at this point, know the basics. On the other hand, I know a lot more about how the cloth simulation works in iClone. So I was hoping for this solution as a way to achieve the goal until I learn to do the same process in Blender.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

I agree here in general. iClone should have better ways for baking simulations. If I made famous table/table cloth why can't I export it altogether?

Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Simply export your simulation in Alembic format.
Most of the current software read it. It is an export image by image that allows to send to another software the deformations of clothes, hair, etc ...

EDIT : don't forget to bake your animation Wink

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a0894ca-d56b-4356-859c-f08b.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by Pixtim
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Pixtim (6/16/2017)
Simply export your simulation in Alembic format.
Most of the current software read it. It is an export image by image that allows to send to another software the deformations of clothes, hair, etc ...

EDIT : don't forget to bake your animation Wink

Brilliant Pixtim! Never bothered to check it since 6.5 was out! This might also help: https://forum.reallusion.com/292068/How-do-you-bake-soft-cloth-simulations-for-Alembic-export

Edited
7 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Pixtim
Pixtim
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
;ç)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0a0894ca-d56b-4356-859c-f08b.jpg

Reading This Topic