Sideview Problems

Posted By BaldEagleOne 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
BaldEagleOne
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
After looking at the sideview problem thread, I still have a problem. I got CT8.0 to build facial meshes. It advertised all that's needed are front and side view photos. I followed the tutorial which explained the process, but when I tried it with two photos of Hillary Clinton, the front view was pretty good, but the side view had no relationship to the photo. I then solicited help from one of the "experts" who required payment before the consultation. All he did was go through the tutorial, using its photos, and couldn't do any better with my Hillary photos. I then called the company asking for help, but they declined to do so. For the last year and a half, I've done nothing, although I would like to find a way to make facial meshes without having to build them polygon by polygon. If anyone has information about another product that can do a reasonably good job, I'd appreciate learning about it. Thanks.
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 minutes ago
I wonder what expert that was...Unsure Asking here is free and many are willing to help.

It takes practice, but I've had pretty good results with CT8 head meshes, just using a single image.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d68dc9f6-2661-4b41-82c0-e605.jpg

There is a standalone program to create head meshes (FaceGen), which has a plugin for use in DAZ. What I've done in the past is create a head in FaceGen and then use renders of the face as reference for creating a head (this was for IC5, but should work for CC as well).

3DTest has a tutorial about how he created his Hillary. His channel has many interesting and free tutorials.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

BaldEagleOne
BaldEagleOne
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Just tried Hillary on FaceGen, and it generated a good likeness. Too bad the mesh can't be imported into Reallusion products.

Reading This Topic