As usual RL doesn't let me see a seminar

Posted By Kelleytoons 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Even though I had the link I still could't see the seminar. RL hates me.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hey, same here.

I thought I had a reservation.

I joined 5 minutes late, but it said "Webinar is full."  So what good did the reservation do me?

Sadly, I missed the previous webinar due to an unexpected happening at home that took priority.  I was so excited that I would be able to join this evening.  "Lighting" is something I really need to learn better, too.  Sad.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Yep, my problem as well (and my internet was down until about three minutes after the meeting started so I couldn't get in any sooner).

RL should NEVER send out invitations and then not allow folks in.  I arranged my ENTIRE DAY around this (cancelling several other events).  They owe me big time.

I expect to see the full video of this tomorrow online.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
7 Years Ago by Forum Admin (RL)
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh, and let me be clear about this -- if the video ISN'T posted online tomorrow (with a link here) then RL owes us a HUGE apology and explanation (again, I lost money because of this -- you absolutely cannot give out invitations and turn away folks at the door).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

My story isn't quite that tragic, but I was so looking forward to it, and was assuming there would be a live Q&A session at the end.
Yes, I sure hope the video is posted promptly... especially for those of us who had signed up and had invitations.

P.S.
I just tried again.  Same message.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
reading this i saw a bigger question
why do 2 "tutors" need a lighting seminar this late in the game?
3d lighting isnt exclusive to iclone and everything in this seminar is out there for free.
you didnt think lights were important?

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Speaking for myself...  Making a movie involves so many different skills, it is hard to master them all at the same time.  I recognize proper lighting is a weakness of mine, and I was looking forward to taking this step toward addressing it (because I recognize it is important)..  Oh sure, we can all watch random YouTube videos, but then why have a webinar at all?

Edited
7 Years Ago by justaviking
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

And speaking for myself <g> the "Tutor" designation assigned by this forum doesn't really mean anything -- it's (somewhat) tied to the number of posts you make, so if you ask a TON of questions pretty soon you'll be labeled a "tutor" even if you don't know one damn thing.

Now, I happen to know a lot of damn things, but not all about iClone, and certainly not about the new lighting features in 7.  I'm still getting used to 7 and supposedly the new GI stuff is one of the things that sets it apart and yet I find a LOT of drawbacks to it and little advantage.  I was hoping this seminar would even tell me why the hell I needed to use it -- I'm confident that I don't understand it because otherwise I'd think it was remarkable like the others who do (so far all I see are the problems with the PBR and GI).

As for it being available on the internet -- really?  If you can point me to sources there that talk about the new stuff in 7 I'd love to see them (and not the ads, but actual working tutorials showing how to use this stuff).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
i not trolling here but
you recognized lighting was a weakness
and you decided that your best course of action
was to just ignore it. and wait for a day a seminar might be done?

and i wasnt referring to random youtube videos
there is pro 3d lighting info out, there a mere google search away.
this stuff should be a foundation, not a afterthought

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Well from someone who has actually attended the seminar, it was well worth it, and I'm sorry for those who couldn't get in. The video will be posted, BTW.

Stuckon3D is a long-time iClone user and also a professional working in film lighting, so this was more than a few cheapo videos you can also get on YouTube, Also, this seminar highlighted the new lighting features in iClone such as GI and will be very useful for those struggling with lighting.Of course, if you already know everything, good for you.

EDIT: The webinars are on this page: https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/webinar_coming.aspx. The PBR one will be repeated next week. I missed it because I was on vacation and will try to attend.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic