Profile Picture

iClone 6.53--Crashing every time I attempt to generate a Toonmaker face using the Create a Face...

Posted By expectations 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 6.53--Crashing every time I attempt to generate a Toonmaker...

Author
expectations
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)Senior Member (348 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thread subject says it all.  iClone runs fine in general and  loading a Toonmaker character base, and using the plugin's control panel and Create a Face tools and setting up the feature points works fine.  But once I click the final "OK" button after completing the Front and Side feature point settings, iClone asks if I am sure that I want to generate the face, I click OK, it prompts me to name and save the custom Face asset, I click OK one more time and the iClone message window that says "generating face" pops up with it's green progress bar very rapidly completing, and then very immediately I get a windows popup with the error mesage that says "iCLone 6 AP has stopped working", windows tells me that this error is going to force windows to close the program and then limply offers to attempt to inform me if  somehow it happens to find a solution later (well thats the jist anyways) . 

When I restart iCLone 6, the project space has the Toonmaker character base that I was working with loaded.  In the custom avatar face folder in the content manager, there appear new thumbnails that have names matching the file-naming input I entered just before the crash.  These thumbnails are just blank, white squares however, and if I attempt to load any of these "ghost" assets into the project iCLone crashes all over again and displays the identical sequence of error messages that I have just described.

In January of this year, used this exact same version of iClone 6 on this exact same laptop using the same Toonmaker plugin and never had this issue.  I have not made any patch updates to iClone since then, and I have used iClone 6 with moderate frequency without any issue whatsoever.  The only mods I've made are a few content pack installations...a couple of new avatars, and maybe one or two props......all of them were iClone content store products installed using the universal installer (.RLD) version.    I've spent 3 hours searching the forums, Google, and Youtube looking for anything pertaining to iClone version 6.53 crashing when using Toonmaker, or dealing with the "iClone 6 AP has stopped working" error message and I cannot for the life of me find anything at all that has helped me in the least.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this one?

Chris

Edited
7 Years Ago by expectations
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
The first things that you should do are:

1. Delete the "ghost" files that are only showing white thumbnails - these files are corrupt and of no use as you have observed with the constant crashes, I would also delete any Project files containing assets from the corrupted files. The files can be deleted from within iClone by right clicking on each in the content tab and selecting "Delete" from the Menu window that opens, or you can remove them using Windows Explorer.

2. With iClone closed delete the contents of your iClone Temp folder using Windows Explorer. I have no idea of the Default location of the Temp folder, but you can find the path by looking for it in the iClone Preferences window.

Next restart iClone and create a new Project starting from scratch, if your problems still continue then I suggest that you contact Reallusion Support for help.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic