Non-Conforming Clothing When Body Morphs Are Used

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Reallusion decided to keep its Character/Cloth Creator separate from the iClone animation/rendering software.

In my opinion this has created a few rifts between the two softwares (iClone and CC) which other software, that have a single integrated system, don't have - such as DAZ Studio.

Until and including iClone 6.5x there has not been any real true support for character morphs inside iClone. Yes, there is a work-around hack to implement it using Expressions (which I have used extensively) but this is more of a hack than true body morph support. Probably for this reason, when CC clothing was introduce to iClone, iClone only used the clothing's weight maps to adjust the clothing to the position of the armature. This, however, leaves a problem because it seems that iClone does not re-conform clothing to the character if a body morph is applied to the character inside iClone. Typically you would not need this and thus re-calculating the conforming clothing each frame would be very time consuming but it would be nice to be able to turn such a feature on or even key frame it.

In the below video you can see a body morph being applied to a iClone character. On the right is the nude character which works fine. However, on the left, the character is clothed (with CC clothing) and this does not work. The body morph rips through the clothing because, in this case, the character body mesh increases in size. Following is a similar transformation in DAZ Studio demonstrating how the cloth conform even during body morphs.

Does anyone one if this has been addressed in iClone 7 with the new Morph functions? I have iClone 7 Pre-release but I'm still waiting for my ordered compatible graphics card.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I agree!

It seems odd to me that there is no way to use Character Creator's functionality directly for morphing in iClone. The separate progrm makes sense for all other content, but it would be nice to have CC morphs directly available, along with having the clothing morph at the same time.

Hopefully, it will develop into that.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

OK. I figured it out! Smile

You save your CC character as an iAvater for each morph you want. When you import it into Morph Creator, it will load all the bits-and-pieces with their respective morphs.

So basically you can create morphs in groups. You do have to run up each slider in the Morph Editor in iClone. A "morph group" single-slider option might be a nice addition.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just to rebond on this topic , I made a morph topic too 4 weeks ago  for the possibility to have access at all the clothes morphs in the timeline...

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost324961.aspx
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Rampa (5/28/2017)

You save your CC character as an iAvater for each morph you want. When you import it into Morph Creator, it will load all the bits-and-pieces with their respective morphs.

So basically you can create morphs in groups. You do have to run up each slider in the Morph Editor in iClone. A "morph group" single-slider option might be a nice addition.

This is the only way to accomplish this at the present time - would be much less tedious if the functionality were existent in iClone,,,,  CC is a great tool, but it is only a creation tool - so animators will have to take a lot of extra steps to achieve the results they desire in iClone.  That's what happens when you break apart your character creator/editor from the animation program - lots more steps & hurdles to achieve desired results....  In a perfect world, CC would be a functioning component of iClone (you don't have to utilize separate programs with 3dsMAX or DAZ to accomplish the same result).

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I put in a recommendation for bone-scaling morphs back in beta as well. Hopefully we'll see that soon. Smile
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
@Rampa - I think we all did LOLOL

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Rampa (5/28/2017)

Maybe I am missing something here but in that case aren't we committing a CC character to specific clothing? I assume you need to do it with iAvatar file (as opposed to OBJ) because this way it will pick up not only the body morphs but the corresponding clothing morphs. But that means this process needs to be done every time we change a CC character's clothing, no? If so that is not at all ideal. I would think that a much better solution would be to run the conform function (currently in CC) for each frame that has a CC morph change. If the CC character is not morphing there is no need to do the (time consuming) conform because it has already been done (in CC) and in such a case the weight maps are sufficient for character movement. However, if one of the CC Morphs change (are applied, removed or application factor is changed) then the render should perform a conform to ensure that clothing is still fitting correctly.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

GrannyJ (5/28/2017)This is the only way to accomplish this at the present time

You mean this is how it will be in the future...the Morph Creator is part of the iClone 7 lineup. It is not available in iClone 6.5x, correct?

Edited
7 Years Ago by Lord Ashes
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago

In fact, we shouldn't have talked about IC7 in this thread, because it hasn't been officially released.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic