Multi-select visible/invisible in 3DX

Posted By Rampa 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago

Never knew this before, but just discovered you can un-check multiple display boxes in the 3DX scene tree all at once. Really handy when you are working on giant architectural models.

First, you can select a node by clicking on it's name. Shift and Cntrl work for contiguous and non-contiguous multi selection. Then you un-check the "Visible" box over in the right-hand (modify) panel.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1b35b91-0b42-4bf2-97af-c50d.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Yeah, I actually posted about this a week or two ago.

I was complaining about NOT being able to do this, when I actually RTFM and saw how to do it, so I posted back on my thread saying I was SO stupid.  Because, of course, this HAD to be part of the process.  I think the real thing that's deceiving about this is the location -- you select things on one side of the screen and have to go way over to the other side to manage properties for it.  Very counter-intuitive.  Not only that, but I knew this once and forgot it (well, old man, but still it should have been right at the bottom of the selection screen).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks a Lot!! I have had this issue for a Long time... I still think a simple shift+click or the fact it is a multiple selection should do that, but thanks for the tip.

Reading This Topic