Posted By bruceberg 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Character I create in CC looks different when loaded into iClone6

Author
bruceberg
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Kids...I have a quick question about a character I've created in CC. I'm creating characters based on my entire family. My process is as follows: I create the 3D face in CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline, using the type of photo they recommend, and send that to CC, sticking the head on the a standard base male character that I've already prepared with the clothes I want them to have. I used the "Send head to Character Creator" option in CrazyTalk. In CC, the head looks just a bit different, but not enough to cause a problem. In CC, I select the "send character to iClone" option, and when it arrives, it looks substantially different, to the point of being unusable for my purpose. I just started using this process, so I am woefully ignorant, I admit. What could be the cause of my trouble? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Regards...Bruce
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
There are some threads here worth searching out that discuss this in greater detail.  For sure, in CC, make sure you set the default character reset to zero BEFORE you import the head (there will be morphs applied you need to zero out for it to look the best).  Also you have to understand the lighting is VERY different in each of these programs, as is the camera.

Camera aspect ratio is one of the biggest issues with getting the same look.  I don't know if you've done much photography, but a portrait shot with a 50mm lens looks VERY different from one shot with a 100mm lens.  The longer lens will "flatten out" the features.  If you don't get that, you might think of an image using a fisheye lens, which is very distorted.  The same thing happens (to a lesser degree) with other lenses.  IIRC, the "lens" used in Crazytalk and CC is a portrait type lens, whereas the default in iClone is much more wide angle.  So experimenting there will help as well.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
bruceberg
bruceberg
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thank you so much for the reply. I will indeed start a search for tips on this subject.
Regards...Bruce

Reading This Topic