Profile Picture

[CC2.01/Marketplace Issue] CC2.01 Does Not Respect Marketplace Morph Sliders Sub-Folders

Posted By GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

[CC2.01/Marketplace Issue] CC2.01 Does Not Respect Marketplace Morph...

Author
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
FYI:

FT 2281 - CC2.01 Does Not Respect Marketplace Morph Sliders Sub-Folders

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Guy,

The slider path in Modify Panel is decided when developer created the morph slider, the path info was recorded in the slider itself.
While the subfolder path in Uploader indicates the location of files stored in the local PC. 
Um, kind of confusing? I do think there is a room to improve this part!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/58195b16-0a3e-4bd1-b7ff-89ce.png

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Hi Miranda,

Its not confusing that the path is set when the developer creates the slider. After all, it makes perfect sense that a eye morph slider couldn't be moved under the "leg" section for instance.

What's confusing is how the sub-folder paths are handled. Naively I thought the MarketPlace Edit Item section had some "authority" over these sub-folder paths and that whatever you put there would be reflected in the installed product. Actually, it is, but partially. The sliders *files* are properly installed into the Template/AvatarControl/ and sub-folder paths set in the MarketPlace, but this is not reflected into the CC interface sliders hierarchy.

That's why I posted this issue because I believe CC should take into account in which sub-folders the slider files are installed and 'expose' the sliders in the interface sliders hierarchy accordingly.

Now I'm confronted to a new issue: How do I edit those sub-folder paths in the product if I don't have access anymore to the original sliders I created.. ? : )

--

Edited
7 Years Ago by grabiller
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I see the File Hierarchy and the CC Morph Hierarchy as being unrelated. Also, as far as I know, a CC Morph Slider can actually pack multiple CC Morphs. If that is the case then the file to morph relationship may not even be possible because the single file may be containing morphs from different sub-folders.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
@Guy, 

You can re-edit or delete the custom slider here:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6732cf2c-63e4-4d06-9d7c-efed.png

I still don't get it the benefits of CC to handle both the file location and UI hierarchy. Can you tell me more about your ideas?
From my point of views, the current design of Uploader is not user-friendly, but designating the file location from Uploader seems to be ok.

@Lord Ashes,

The current function of "Pack Sliders" is to convert all custom sliders (.ccCustomSlider) to be the sell-able format (.ccSlider), instead of combining all custom sliders to be one. If developers want to make a slider covering many body parts, they can do it from the beginning.

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Miranda
The benefits of CC to handle both the file location and UI hierarchy would be.. simplicity. And a way given to the developer to edit the sub-folder path right from the market place instead of having to edit the original sliders.
Regarding re-editing or deleting the custom sliders, I *can't* as (for some obscure reasons) I lost the original custom sliders files. I only have the sliders downloaded from my own product, and I can't edit sliders from an installed product, even from my own product.

--

Reading This Topic