model doesn't import into 3dx correctly

Posted By michael7 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I bought this alligator from Daz and exported it with a simple animation as an FBX file but it won't import correctly the middle section where the back legs are keeps getting squished or compressed. Anyone have an idea what is going on and how to fix it?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b57360de-0f3f-48af-b899-29b3.jpg
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

I should have mentioned it looks like it's happening at the hip bone area.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
It might help to see the bones. Go ahead and send it to iClone and open the motion layer to see the bones.

You might also check the FBX in some other program. It may be distorting on export rather than import.

EDIT:
Did you know about the RL crocodile?
https://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=IC430D073ENU0116A001
It won't be as detailed as a DAZ model though. The eyes and lids cannot be animated.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here's an image of the bone structure. You can see the mesh is distorting right at the hip bone. I'll bring it to the attention of Daz, I was just wondering if someone encountered this before or knew why it was happening. Thanks for the link to the croc. Unfortunately I need to use a gator but if worse comes to worse I might be able to use it.
Edited
7 Years Ago by michael7
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

michael7 (5/20/2017)
Here's an image of the bone structure. You can see the mesh is distorting right at the hip bone. I'll bring it to the attention of Daz, I was just wondering if someone encountered this before or knew why it was happening. Thanks for the link to the croc. Unfortunately I need to use a gator but if worse comes to worse I might be able to use it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d6b5018a-f5f6-4588-a5d3-550c.jpg

fake rock
fake rock
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I change the shape of an avatar in Iclone 5.5 and want to make it into an obj file but when I edit it in 3dxchange it goes back to the normal avatar. Does any one know how to change the shape of an avatar in Iclone and make into a OBJ file?

Aliassfm
Aliassfm
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hey, not to hijack your thread or anything but how to access the bones in the motion layer? I'm completely new and I've been looking for that 
Am7add9
Am7add9
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
original poster,
you probably used the wrong version of fbx on your daz export.
try 2012 binary

fake rock
move your bones in 3dxchange instead

aliassfm
look at the picture above closely on the right side
to find how to get there, then just select bones and translate them

Edited
7 Years Ago by maxae

Reading This Topic