Profile Picture

CTA3 PSD Import Problem

Posted By daisymig 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
daisymig
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi,

I created a psd character imported to CTA3, then I applied the Cry(2)L animation to it and his hands looked weird like the were reversed. I then brought in one of the regular front view guy from CTA3 and applied the same Cry(2)L animation to it, that looked ok. So, I thought I had done something wrong, went back to my psd to figure out but I didn't see anything wrong with it (drove myself crazy in the process). I decided to run some test. I imported into CTA3 the psd template that Reallusion provided me called Elastic_Folks_Front_Simple.psd and applied the same Cry(2)L animation to it, sure enough the hands are backwards.

So long story short, the problem wasn't with my character but the way CTA3 is importing the psd. It is making this weird hand issue happen. It is just me?? Can someone please try to import the unedited version provided by Reallusion Elastic_Folks_Front_Simple.psd into CTA3 and apply the animation Cry(2)L to see if you get the same weird hand issue? I'm am running the latest CTA3 Pipeline.
I'm attaching a screenshot, the one on the left is the character that comes in CTA3 works just fine. The one on the right is the Elastic_Folks_Front_Simple.psd imported.
TIA,
Daisy
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/588347b8-a6ae-4154-a9fc-c386.jpg
Bob Hampton
Bob Hampton
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Daisy,

I did as you asked and got the same results you got. The PSD character's thumbs are pointed upward and the original CTA character's thumbs are pointed downward, just as shown in your two images. Weird, huh?

Take care,
Bob

Bob Hampton
Bob Hampton
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)New Member (52 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Again Daisy,

Figured it out. The original CTA character changed hand sprites while performing the animation. It went from hand sprite 00_Relaxed to hand sprite 12_Relaxed for each hand during Cry(1S) and Cry(2L). It then switched back to 00_Relaxed for Cry(3E). The imported PSD character only has one sprite available for each hand, the 00_Relaxed one.

Have a good day.
Bob
daisymig
daisymig
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)Senior Member (417 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks Bob!
Good to know I'm not the only one so far. OMG I didn't think of that!!! Going to see if I can play around with it!

Thank you, thank you!
Edited
7 Years Ago by daisymig

Reading This Topic