Character Creator v2.01 Released

Posted By Miranda (RL) 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi everyone, 

v2.01 (2.01.1710.1) released on May 11th, 2017 with some enhancement and bugs fixed:

Enhancements
  1. Normal maps will be saved in losseless compression when saving a FBX file.
  2. The Default Calibration motion now include an A pose at the 20th frame.
    https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f212d507-e724-4b98-bc31-c3bc.png
  3. Models sent via the Sketchfab uploader will be set to private Draft Mode.
  4. For easier adjustment, the default bone size is set to 5 when the Pose Editor is activated.
  5. Metallic Alpha map for Unity, now exports to the "texture" folder.
  6. Appearance Editor will automatically only open one, instead of multiple sections, by default.

Fixed Bugs
  1. Errors occur when the Floor Contact is enabled and the model is uploaded to Sketchfab.
  2. Glow texture does not automatically fill into the Substance Emissive input.

Download the patch: https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/update.html

* Updated: we provide a patch for CC 2.0 users to fast update to the new version without uninstalling the CC 2.0.
When running the CC 2.0, you will get the live update notification, or you can click "Check for Update" to get the patch.
https://kb.reallusion.com/General/50020/Four-methods-to-update-Reallusion-software-to-the-latest-version

The full version of CC 2.01 is also provided for users who haven't installed CC 2.0 yet.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Miranda,

Many thanks for the update. Smile

One question. Can we install this over the existing version, or should we uninstall/install?

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Never mind the install question.

Character Creator installer requires that the previous version is uninstalled before continuing. Pinch

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
So... does that mean we uninstall the original/previous version of CC 2. then download it again and the version will be the updated version.

I clicked on Miranda lnk and it took me through serial number login loop and now I"ve been looking at the slowest download since 1910.

What is the efficient fast way to update the CC 2 ??

My internet download is 100MBPS so an update should take about 10 seconds to download, unless the download server is on an old dialup modem

Edited
7 Years Ago by rampart
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampart (5/11/2017)
So... does that mean we uninstall the original/previous version of CC 2. then download it again and the version will be the updated version.

I clicked on Miranda lnk and it took me through serial number login loop and now I"ve been looking at the slowest download since 1910.

My internet download is 100MBPS so an update should take about 10 seconds to download, unless the download server is on an old dialup modem

The version available for download from your account is the latest version - 2.01.1710.1. Just uninstall the version that you have and then run the new installer. Make sure to have your serial number at hand as you need to paste it in the Registration field. If you are using custom paths for your content make sure to select them during installation, otherwise CC reverts to the RL default paths.

My download was completed in about 1 min.

Gerry

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
For me I just install the update without uninstalling anything and it works. I have the 2.01.1710.1
rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
wires (5/11/2017)
rampart (5/11/2017)

The version available for download from your account is the latest version - 2.01.1710.1. Just uninstall the version that you have and then run the new installer. Make sure to have your serial number at hand as you need to paste it in the Registration field. If you are using custom paths for your content make sure to select them during installation, otherwise CC reverts to the RL default paths.

My download was completed in about 1 min.

Thank you wires I got it
I did do go through a complete uninstall/reinstall.
Just hoping I haven't lost content in the process

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I also did the same as mtakerkart just installed patch over top and all is working showing the new version  2.01.1710.1

Duchess Designs Store 

Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
As some have already found, you should be able to install the 2.01 update without uninstalling CC 2.0. You can check for and download the update by going to Help > Check For Update in Character Creator 2.
GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
mtakerkart (5/11/2017)
For me I just install the update without uninstalling anything and it works. I have the 2.01.1710.1

Same for me, it installed right over the previous version. (However, when I do such things, I always create a "restore point" first - that way, if it all blows up, I can go back to a system set prior to the install).

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Reading This Topic