Profile Picture

Looking for somone to create custom clothing for either G5 or G6 (CC) character

Posted By Archie Andrews 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Looking for somone to create custom clothing for either G5 or G6 (CC)...

Author
Archie Andrews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi
Is there anyone in these forums offer custom clothing services?

I require several pieces of clothing that will conform to a G5 or G6 male figure.

The clothing items relate to coal mining wear both modern and early 1800's era. I have provided reference photos to assist. The particular details are relatively simple in design they are as follows.

1. All in one boiler suit type overalls (they have some specific design pertinent to mining so a general boiler suit doesnt quite suit, the mining ones tend to be baggier)
2. Old Colliers Jacket. Basically an old style suit jacket
3. Old Colliers trousers these are gaiter wrapped at the chins
4. Donkey Jacket (similar to a sailors Pea Coat)
5. Pre 1200's clothing (serfs style) these are basically hessian wrapped gowns as worn during medieval times Great Britain.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e2599eaf-e0b4-4a64-8540-a0b0.jpg

Hope to hear back and happy discuss time and pricing for each.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6692ecc5-2592-417c-b969-803f.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5955c065-260e-4abd-bc3e-5a5f.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cb287bed-5d7c-40a9-b164-de1c.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf6a212c-854e-4ad6-9687-beea.jpg
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

I think many developers on the market place will look into doing things requested of them.
I happen to be very much into history and developing content for historical videos is a passion for me.

I will look into making some (if not all) of this stuff for G6 characters in iClone6 and publish it in my store.
I also think several of these could be made by just texturing outfits that already exist.

How urgently are you after these?
Do you have CC1.5 and do you have reallusions clothing content for CC
My initial thought is that the Donkey Jacket and some of the others in your list looks very much like some of the outfits in reallusions professional outfits package.
Perhaps you could retexture it so it looks like what your after?

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Archie Andrews
Archie Andrews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Hi Delerna,
Its fine by me if you would like to approach it as content, I work mostly in Animation and Virtual Reality for coal mining heritage - http://virtualheritage.co.uk/
Whilst its not urgent I would hope to get some of this done quite soon as I need one or two items for an ongoing project hence willing to pay for time.

I model and do some animation in Maya which then gets ported to Unity 5 or IClone 6, yes I also have CC 1.5 but character modelling rigging are not my area and I simply dont have time to learn more .. I often port out from IC to Unity in FBX with animations.

The quality of these clothing items do not have to be greatly detailed as I can texture them in Mudbox and Photoshop later. Most of the shots are in dark environments anyways and they are not the main focus of the actual scenes.
I'm looking to get some characters that would primarily act like wax dolls for posing. Consider like you would see in a museum exhibit, in this case a Virtual Reality museum.
What is important that they have an authentic look in the way the clothing hangs per the images I provided.

By happy to chat on Skype if you are interested in helping.

Thanks
Archie

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

I wast talking about character modelling or rigging

I meant these clothes from professional outfits might be able to look like what your after with some texturing to make their style look a little older
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d20bd0ff-0c0c-4903-91fd-31d8.png

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Archie Andrews
Archie Andrews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

They might work but I'd probably have to sculpt the meshes in Mudbox to get the more authentic shape. Are these items exportable? (License) as I need them in Unity more than IClone
Thanks
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes they can be bought as exportable.
Just looking more closely into this and maybe they are not baggy enough
Also the pack has overall although they don't have sleeves like your after

I might make a pair of overalls with sleeves

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/973001b0-b50a-438a-b8bd-00cc.png

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Archie Andrews
Archie Andrews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yes the baggy style was something key to the mining overalls, short llegs and sleeves where for safety avoiding getting caught on moving machinery

I'd be interested to see what can be done for the early mining outfits .. mainly jackets (baggy old suits, open) and leggings (Trousers with gaiter bottoms) and grandad shirts with tolled up sleeves. I can do the flat cap, scarf and boots etc myself its the main garments I dont have time to play with
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here is what I have so far with an overall

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Archie Andrews
Archie Andrews
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thats looks good pal ! can it have dirty grey T shirt under?

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

YES.

There will be several variations
    1 naked underneath.
    1 with a Tee shirt.
    1 with buttons done up and no knee pads

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Reading This Topic