Content Uploader Doesn't Upload Project

Posted By Lord Ashes 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I created a CC Avatar character which consists of a CC Avatar, Horns (static prop), Tail (boned prop), Tattered Corset (CC Cloth), Tattered Skirt (CC Cloth), Power Runes (Body Texture) and Wings (Morph Props implemented using CC Avatar). As all Morph Props (prior to iClone 7), the Morph Prop wings are Avatars that use Expressions to apply the morphs. As such the wings are actually iAvatars files (as opposed to iProps files).

I have made each of the various parts of the character available in my market place store for those who want some of the character parts but not all of them. As such the complete character is actually a derived contents of my own individual items already available in my marketplace store.

Next I wanted to make the complete character available in my marketplace store as derived content of the individual pieces. However, when I tried to save the complete character as an Avatar I found out that the Morph Prop wings do not save with the character because they are LINKAGE to the CC character as oppose to ATTACH (since ATTACH is not available for connecting avatars to avatars). As I result, I created a simple project with the character setup and a appropriate sky selected and wanted to use that to distribute my complete character in my marketplace store.

However, the Content Uploader refused to allow the project file to be uploaded. I renamed the file to a very simple name (to eliminate the possibility that the file name may be the problem). I upload the project file from the same directory that I uploaded the individual parts from, so the source folder is not an issue. I am sure that I have uploaded project files in the past.

Is it possible that Derived Content is not allowed in Projects uploaded via Content Uploader?

In the meantime, I created a Pack that includes the CC Character (with everything except the wings) and added the wings as separate content in the Pack but that means the users have to position and attach the wings themselves before being able to use the complete character. It is a work around but not ideal.

Nefera The Darkspawn Summoner Demoness

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Project with derivative contents can be uploaded via Uploader. (example)
What message did it show when processing the upload?

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
The error message is:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9cd8ec89-064f-4016-b351-791d.png

However the file name was "Nefera.iProject" (i.e. no special characters).

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic