Profile Picture

exporting a complex obj (originally dae) with multi-materials to iClone

Posted By MakinMovies 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

exporting a complex obj (originally dae) with multi-materials to...

Author
MakinMovies
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
in the recent webinar about PBR in iClone 7 (https://www.reallusion.com/press/Webinar/170418_iC7_webinar_ic456/default.html), a truck (free from https://sketchfab.com/models/83a370102fe8498bac52821df987da11) is brought into iClone, having first been converted in Blender from a Collada file to obj. however, i don't think that the tutor, cris moras, demonstrated how to get the shaders (which include five multi-mateirals) transferred and they don't match the kinds of shaders shown in the genie lamp example that he does explicitly show in 3DX, so that when i bring the truck asset into iclone, it does not have the right look at all. I must be missing something, probably very obvious, but i am not sure what.  
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Couldn't see the webinar (never was invited and it's not posted anywhere) and that truck link you posted doesn't work so it's hard to say, but unless you're using iClone7 I don't think you're going to get the look you might be expecting from PBR.

If you ARE using it you might want to post this in the iClone 7 beta forum instead and we could discuss (we're not supposed to do that elsewhere).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
MakinMovies
MakinMovies
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)Senior Member (431 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
this is the link for the recorded webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21-S2lxCjUE
the tutor is shown using 3DXchange 6 for the collada to obj conversion, but for this asset i have since learned that one should indeed be using iClone 7 for the material/texture assignments and therefore this should be discussed in the iC7 beta forum, as you suggest.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks for the link - I've been wanting to see that presentation.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Space 3D
Space 3D
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Reference import model from the other 3D tool . ( Via 3D exchanges )
Best file for import is Fbx format.
If your file is DAE --------> use Free Fbx converter from Autodesk .
After your file to be Fbx format ---------> then import with 3D exchanges to iClone .
Material and texture will be better .
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Space 3D Galery - city.reallusion.com/store/space3D

Reading This Topic