Profile Picture

Physics (Hair, cloth, etc)

Posted By F S C 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
F S C
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi guys,

I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer for this. How do you export physics to UE4? (for example, the hair or assassins cloths) I couldn't find any way to export apex cloth.

Thanks in advance!
Atonnis
Atonnis
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I've been working on this for months, with iClone 6, 6.5, 7 Alpha and Beta.  I'm still working on it.  My previous attempts used alembic exports but they ended up being 10GB+ in size for each animation, so I'm now working on divided-up characters.

I did put it on the forums on the wishlist posts, but no luck so far Sad

I'm experimenting with some newly inspired techniques now.  I'll update this thread with anything I come up with.  Sorry I couldn't give you the answer straight out but I just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and also to ask if you can update this thread if you come up with any answers.

Cheers!
F S C
F S C
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for your reply! Glad to see that I'm not the only one struggling with this Smile
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi FSC and Atonnis,

We have been studying and searching for the solution to carry Physics when export, but there is no specific schedule at the moment. The NVidia APEX framework can't be applied to the current CC, because APEX inside the Unreal Engine currently does not support vertices with skin weights of 4 or more bones.

Miranda
denmengel
denmengel
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)Senior Member (286 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
With the release of Unreal 4.16 they switched from Apex to NVCloth. Will that make a difference?  I'm not familiar to either one.
adamlan
adamlan
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Guys
There is a quick tutorial for UE4.16 new NVCloth setup, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGQRaDRD6uY
It's pretty easy and fast
theorysharp
theorysharp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
adamlan (6/3/2017)
Hi Guys
There is a quick tutorial for UE4.16 new NVCloth setup, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGQRaDRD6uY

Is NVcloth for UE4.16 compatible with custom clothing made with this method?
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/custom-outfit.html

Does NVcloth work with the character creator clothing assets?

Trying to understand the best way to approach this
theorysharp
theorysharp
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)Veteran Member (752 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
adamlan (6/3/2017)
Hi Guys

Is NVcloth for UE4.16 compatible with custom clothing made with this method?
https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/custom-outfit.html

Does NVcloth work with the character creator clothing assets?

Trying to understand the best way to approach this
adamlan
adamlan
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
NVCloth works with every skeletal mesh, include CC Cloth mesh,
But you can't bring Clothing data(Ex. Clothing weight map, and other Attributes) from CC to UE4,
you need to set new NVCloth to CC Cloth in UE4,

Reading This Topic