Profile Picture

Crazytalk animator 3. ( the biggest software file size ever) Sharing freebies

Posted By coolhewitt24 7 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.

Crazytalk animator 3. ( the biggest software file size ever) Sharing...

Author
coolhewitt24
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
Hi Everyone,

I  noticed Reallusion continues to release updates for CTA3. These files really increase the overall size of the CTA 3.  It also takes up space on the hard drive.   So far the size hasn't affected the overall performance of my computer. Reallusion must carefully consider releasing any updates in the future due to the size of the files.   Does anybody know the actually size of CTA3 software with all the updates included. 

I recently started sharing my content with other users via google drive. I use google drive because I maintain control of the content being shared. 
Stop by my Youtube channel to watch CTA 3 content development. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_ReB1kqKNr-XIOEZggUWA
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi coolhewitt24 

I was doing a clean reinstall yesterday so, out of curiosity, decided to take some notes to respond to your "Does anybody know the actually size of CTA3 software with all the updates included" question.

I'm on a Mac, but I doubt that equivalent Windows sizes will vary much, since most of the payload is media content: characters, props, motions, etc.  I've got CTA 3 PRO.  I think everyone will also have the Resource Pack and Bonus Pack.  I've also got the G3 Power Tools 1 & 2.

I fully cleared out the previous install, downloaded fresh installers and began taking notes.  The "installed space"  value was the figure reported by the standard Apple installer.  (I'm not certain, but I suspect that the "installed space" figure might be provided by the publisher as part of the installer payload.  I didn't verify the accuracy after each install was completed.)

INSTALLER                         File size      Installed space
-----------------------------------------------------------------
CTA3_PRO_Enu_mac                  453 MB         1.36 GB
CTA3_Enu_resource_Pack_Mac        139 MB           645 MB
CrazyTalk_Animator3_Bonus_Pack    153 MB           554 MB
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Totals                            745 MB         2.53 GB

I then went on to install the G3 Power Tools 1 & 2 packages.  Unlike the previous installers, these are downloaded and installed in one go.  Fortunately, I was able to use Little Snitch to measure the amount of data downloaded.  This was then compared to the change in size of the content folders, which showed that there is little or no difference (indicating that no compression was involved).

Suite               Approx size
--------------------------------
G3 Power Tools 1    171 MB
G3 Power Tools 2    141 MB
--------------------------------
Total               312 MB

That gives a total (for my particular selection of core Reallusion products) of approximately 2.84GB disk installation space required.  The actual CTA3.11 PRO app itself only takes up 316 MB.  While there will be a few support files scattered around various "hidden" locations, you can see where my earlier comment about the majority of the installation being media content came from.

Historical note… I still have a copy of my original CTA3 PRO installer lying in my downloads folder.  This was downloaded at the end of November, so whatever v3.0x version…  That core installer was only 397 MB, so the core installer has only increased by 56 MB - not a heck of a lot, considering that this now includes new functionality and not just bug fixes.

Hope you find that useful.

Reallusion must carefully consider releasing any updates in the future due to the size of the files.

Sorry, no, you've got that totally back to front.  It's a user's responsibility to make sure that the computer on which they want to install a particular package meets the minimum requirements.

Cheers,
Gary

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Edited
7 Years Ago by garylearntech
esanpostilaatikko
esanpostilaatikko
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
If you have made .SWF files and imported them to CTA.
CTA conversion of .SWF files are very huge. I have thread about this situation under your post.
Space getting low and performance drop on bigger animations because of .swf files.
Not sure of anyone else but this is my noticed problem.
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dear Users
Our research and develop team is currently analyzing t
he issue related to .SWF.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

BR,
Reallusion
Edited
7 Years Ago by Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Ola(RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Dear Users

We tried to reproduce the issue, but so far we do not experience the issue mentioned.
However, there are more than 3 similar reports in the forum. 
So, we are taking this report as one of our most urgent issues.
First we need your help in specifying the issue.
Please report this problem to our support.
Our support team will ask few more detailed questions to help us identify the issue.
Some of these questions may be personal, such as hardware model and so on. 

Report link: http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx?lang=1

Reading This Topic