Profile Picture

Purchased content not displaying in Content Manager

Posted By richard_73 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
richard_73
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)Senior Member (268 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I just purchased CT8 after a limited trial.  The trial was too restrictive for me to ascertain for sure if this product will be useful for what I want to do, but I saw enough that I wanted to explore some more.  

The installation took awhile and was not too onerous.  My problem is that the considerable content that I purchased and installed  (Starter Kits 1,2 and 3, as well as the Social Emoticon) is not showing up in the Content Manager.  All that is showing in the template is what was there in the Trial version.  I see that another Mac user had posted this same problem and was dissatisfied with the help they received from support.  He took some actions and finally resolved the problem by himself.  I picked up a hint from him - something about a menu item to discover content.  I found something like that under help menu item.  I clicked activate content and then clicked "content 1-click verification"  the latter ran for a little while and then crashed.  Tried again and crashed again.  The application always crashes when you quit and he reported that also.  The trial version failed that way also, and I was hoping that it was a problem unique to the trial.  Overall, I would say that it appeared to me that he was not satisfied with support.

I chose to write about this experience prior to opening a support ticket, which I will do shortly.  I am not too happy to have to experience these problems so early in my use.  Like the person I mentioned about above, I spent about 250$ with the idea of purchasing at least two more small pieces of content and possibly the animator - who knows.  But I am not thrilled either with the fact that there is a stated 2 day delay and no phone support.  

I suspect that the items are not put in the correct place by the installer, but that is just a guess.  The content appears to be where the installer said it would put them.  On the other hand, the prior person didn't mention this and pretty much indicated that the menu discovery option fixed this. If that is required, I'm out of luck since it is crashing.

The company needs to improve the reliability, availability and serviceability of the product.
Forum Admin (RL)
Forum Admin (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)Veteran Member (996 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
One important point to note is that some content you install will only be applicable to 2D heads or 3D heads. So while you may install some content packs they may not appear visible unless you have a 2D head loaded or vice versa. This may not be the problem here but it is something to check.

If you do continue to have problems, please contact Technical Support. Although replies can take 48 hours during busy times, normally it is less than that (Mon-Fri).

Reading This Topic