Profile Picture

Animating own artworks and drawings – is this possible in 3.1 Pro? + worth upgrade from V2.15...

Posted By berlinblues2 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Animating own artworks and drawings – is this possible in 3.1 Pro? +...

Author
berlinblues2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

I have version CTA 2.15 Pipeline and thinking about whether  it is worth doing an upgrade or not – but only to 3.1 Pro

I am not really a digital artist/animator, but a  pen-paper-canvas artist. I like to mess about with digital animation, but  mostly need to keep it fairly simple – and the easier the software is to use, the more suited it is for me. I am not really into delving into deep-complicated  animation (at least not yet). More just experimental – see what comes out of it

So my question is it worth upgrading to CTA 3.1 – but – a pipeline  upgrade is too expensive for me now – so the best I could upgrade to is 3.1 Pro, so is it worth it?

As I have said above – I am open to the software being easier to use – so is this the  CTA 3.1 Pro - and (more) suited to my usage?

Thanks a lot

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
You could always download the free trial to see if CTA3 suits your particular requirements.
CTA3 meets my, admittedly limited, 2d animation needs much more easily than CTA2.
Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

berlinblues2
berlinblues2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)Senior Member (256 reputation)

Thanks for the reply Galfridus, 

yes I thought about doing that - but it seems you always get  the Pipeline  Version as Trial - and I want to know what you can do in the Proversion regarding animating my own artwork ( = artwork not digital made =paper/canvas - then scanned into computer/cutout in a photo program - and then  animate it). I know for sure I can do what I want in Pipeline - but can't  afford this Version - so need to know if I can do this in the Pro version as  well. 

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
There is a comparison table here: https://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk-animator/download.html#comparison .

Looks like that there are four differences:

•Custom Multiple Render Style (there is a Multiple Render Style in Pro)
•Custom Create Elastic Motion
•Import 3D Motions (these are motions used in iClone)
•Create G3 Characters form Photoshop PSD

So that will give you an idea.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

berlinblues2
berlinblues2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks a lot animagic
Yes I did check the comparison chart out – to be honest I am not much good at really comprehending such things due to ADHD and other issues. I always find the Reallusion website really difficult or confusing to understand, since they seem to bunch everything together for the different versions in the lengthier descriptions – at least for me, there is no real separate clarity for each version – other than the comparison chart, which I mostly fail to understand when it comes down to what I can actually do in each version. Although it is clear that in the Standard you cannot do much.

I think what is confusing me in this version is this PSD aspect that is only in Pipeline. I am somehow getting from this that I cannot fully animate my own artwork – but probably I am just confused.

I also wish they would allow you to try out the version you want to buy, or can afford to buy, rather than stick you with Pipeline Version – as this does not help in getting clarity.

By Reallusion I am always feeling a lot of pressure to have to buy the most expensive version – I am not happy at all with this attitude   
berlinblues2
berlinblues2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

PS

I am also not really sure if I need the Custom Create Elastic Motion 
NoKat
NoKat
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)Veteran Member (866 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
The Pipeline version includes a PSD template for creating your own G3 characters with PSD compatible software. I have the Pro version and can create moving artwork and my own characters. It is just a little more cumbersome to create characters with full expressions and hand gestures without a template, but it can be done. As for creating custom elastic motions, I doubt you would need the ability to create them. You can buy extra motions in the store, and that includes a lot of options. You can also create animations for any prop that are similar to elastic motions without having Pipeline.  The custom elastic motions just allow you to save motions to apply to any prop.
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
berlinblues2 (4/22/2017)

I have version CTA 2.15 Pipeline and thinking about whether  it is worth doing an upgrade or not – but only to 3.1 Pro

I am not really a digital artist/animator, but a  pen-paper-canvas artist. I like to mess about with digital animation, but  mostly need to keep it fairly simple – and the easier the software is to use, the more suited it is for me. I am not really into delving into deep-complicated  animation (at least not yet). More just experimental – see what comes out of it

So my question is it worth upgrading to CTA 3.1 – but – a pipeline  upgrade is too expensive for me now – so the best I could upgrade to is 3.1 Pro, so is it worth it?

As I have said above – I am open to the software being easier to use – so is this the  CTA 3.1 Pro - and (more) suited to my usage?

Thanks a lot

This is also coming:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d7e3e5f3-5b35-436b-b2ff-2e62.jpg

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
berlinblues2
berlinblues2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks a lot Nokat for the information, it really helps. Iwill go for the 3.1 Pro then

berlinblues2
berlinblues2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks also to lesdodds,

But I am not quite sure what you refer to (This is alsocoming: Generate New G3 Character Bases)?

Coming to 3.1 Pro ?   

or to Pipeline ?

Reading This Topic