Profile Picture

Decision on workflow - what kind of content is in the works from RL?

Posted By sbaerman 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Decision on workflow - what kind of content is in the works from RL?

Author
sbaerman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all,

first of all, I am a big fan of CC. It is so much more easy to use than DAZ and it is integrated with Iclone. As I am a filmmaker, I am not really interested in creating characters myself, rather animating them and put them into stories.

Since the release of CC2 RL has released 1 pack and one add on of PBR-Ready content + a couple of products on Marketplace. 
So I am really interested in what is in the works. Though it is a great product - there is hardly any content and with the release of 1 Pack per month or every 2 month, it would need me to wait 1-2 years to have enough content available to really be able to get what I need.

This points me to DAZ, where the content offer is much bigger - and today there is already a great amount of content, I am intending to use. Especially on Characters.

Due to the fact that Iclone7 is great with the new lighting and rendering - i can finally make movies in a quality I was waiting for.

Now the question is, which is the workflow for character creation. 

Am I using DAZ export and import into Iclone and buy the Content as DAZ
or will there be sufficient content from RL in a reasonable amount that offers me to use CC.

I know IC7 is not officially published yet, but I need to decide soon, which route I will go, as I dont think, that using both will match from a visual perspective.

So I am looking for opinions from other users and developers, and also it would be great to learn a bit from RL how they suggest their users to handle this challenge.

Thanks

Steffen

Machines :
MSI Gaming Laptop, I7, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 1 TB HD
Acer Predator Helios 300 I7 10750H, 16GB, 1TB SSD, RTX 2070

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Me also I'm not a modeler Wink   
So Of course I bought the new Assassin package and twiking the texture is very easy.
But I can recycle all old  iclone clothes assets with CC 2 with the new 7 color ID  mask map texture even at a 4k resolution if I want.
Then reconform this old clothes with CC.
I can do it with every clothes buying/finding everywhere. I use 3dcoat only to paint the color ID mask  on clothes.
These are all Iclone characters created in CC.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d165abff-2293-4de9-bfbe-d4d8.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by mtakerkart
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago

As well as being able to use previous versions of characters and content I will say that there will be other developers besides reallusion who will be making content specifically for CC2/iClone 7. I for one am intending to make a lot of content for the new versions, check out Marketplace there is already a few CC2 content done by several developers.

I don't know about other developers but I haven't released much for CC2 yet because of 2 reasons. I am currently working with the new software to get comfortable with all the new features so I can publish things that utilize these features as best as I possibly can. Also iClone7 is not officially released yet and is still being worked on. I am kind of holding back from releasing anything until iClone7 is complete just so I can be sure it works in iclone7 with no issues. I have released 1 for CC2 called Coif Shoulder Cape because it is relatively simple so I'm pretty sure there wont be a problem. It works fine in the early release iClone7.

Also, if there is anything specific you want for something your working on then you can always goto marketplace find someone's store that has content that you like the look of and request them to make it for you. I have created a few contents at someone's request already. My Dreadlock Hair, Lab Coat and Simlah Babylonian Outfit are all stuff I made due to requests. Also all my beards and moustaches I did because I have seen so many comments on the forum about there not being any available.

Anyway, my point behind all of the above is that I believe that once iClone7 gets officially released there will be plenty of content produced reasonably quickly by many developers, including Reallusion.

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
7 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Just a comment on bringing previous version content into CC2
My Brigadine armour is made in CC1.5 for iClone6 however I put an image in the bottom of the contents page to show it can also be used in CC2.
The thing I want to say is this was amazingly simple to do.

The image was just intended to demonstrate that it works In CC2 so its not super great.
It took me all of 2 minute to bring it into CC2, enable PBR and move a few sliders on the cloth texturing controls in order to get it to look like that
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd79b042-27f7-4f5e-bf41-8395.png

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
7 Years Ago by Delerna

Reading This Topic