Total Plants 2 multi-channel textures

Posted By Jfrog 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi,
I just started experimenting with Total Plants 2 and I can't have access to my textures when selecting any trees or plants. With other props, it is quite easy, just select the prop in the scene manager and go to the modify material tab, but I can't  even see the material tab.   Smile

High-Res Texture & Model

"All trees now come with multiple texture channels, including diffuse, normal and specular maps, they gives a further detailed look and high material realism."

Does anybody knows how to get access to the multi-channel textures to get Hi Res on close-up shots?

Thank you in advance!

Ryzen R9 5950x, RTX 3090, 128Gb Ram ,2 x 2 TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR
Immersive Sound VR on Oculus TV

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
You can't unfortunately. This sucks, but I imagine it has something to do with the Speed trees licensing by RL. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

"All trees now come with multiple texture channels, including diffuse, normal and specular maps, they gives a further detailed look and high material realism."
So if I understood well, The trees comes with the multiple-texture channels but they can't be modified as separate texture channels. Is that it?    

Thank you!

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Jfrog (4/18/2017)
So if I understood well, The trees comes with the multiple-texture channels but they can't be modified as separate texture channels. Is that it?

That is correct. Maybe RL can get a deal for SpeedTree 8, just like Lumberyard. But SpeedTree may want a $20 monthly fee as for Unity and Unreal.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I'm cool with a license like for Unity and I asked Speed trees about it, they said they would look into it, I dunno, others should ask too I think, if you would support it. Compared to the current pricing for the obsolete trees, it is a steal. Maybe the api access will allow it without Reallusion making it cost more than Unity. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Jfrog
Jfrog
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Total plants 2 is amazing, but I would love more resolution with close-up shots on some trees and plants.  I guest the best way to solve this problem would be to buy high resolution content for specific close-up. It would be great if Reallusion would sell an "add on" high res trees pack just for close-up shots.

Thank for the replies and infos guys

Horror Stories in VR
Immersive Sound VR

Reading This Topic