Edit Mesh function causes crash

Posted By Lamias 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello guys!!

I am currently importing clothing from DAZ. In some clothing pieces, when I press the Edit Mesh function inside CC, the whole program gets an error and crashes. 

Has anyone had the same issue? I follow the same import process every time, and in some cloths this happens, and in others it doesn't.

It's not a poly issue, as some pieces with 200k polygons work fine, while some simple cloths with 3-4k polys cause CC to crash. 

Does anyone have any experience concerning this?

Thanks!!

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Solved it! The problem was the Decimator plug in inside Daz.

It seems that when I decimate clothing beyond 70-80%, the "edit Mesh" function in CC causes the program to crash. I have found that decimating a piece of clothing for 60-70% of its polygons won't cause a crash.

So I leave this here for future reference, if anyone has the same problem as me!!

Cheers

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Reading This Topic