Character disappears when custom motion is applied

Posted By Discount Play Market 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Discount Play Market
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm using iclone 6 and been having problems with custom motions. When I apply to a character they disappear. I collect the clip, save it in motion library , then apply it to a character, and then they disappear. Am I missing something? 

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Have you safe you animation with a Character from zero Location in your scnee ? if not   you have this  transform in your animation  too

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Discount Play Market
Discount Play Market
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Thank for replying. What do you mean by zero location? 
Clark
Clark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)

Last Active: 22 minutes ago
I believe Vidi is referring to the location that the character was first placed into the scene.  If the character still shows up in the scene window then it has not disappeared it has just moved to an unknown (by you) location.  If you select the character in the scene window after you think it has disappeared, and use the a, s, d, f etc. key the camera will move to show you the character.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
"Zero" is the center of the grid. Basically it is zero translation on X, Y, and Z.

A motion can be collected where the gizmo has been used to move the character. So you may have the character moved when you collected the clip.

iClone does do some automatic alignment, but it can be a bit confusing at first.

If your motion is one where the character is standing still, you can R-click on the character and select "Reset Pivot". This will remove any translation, creating an "in-place" motion.
Discount Play Market
Discount Play Market
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for replying to my post guys. I have tried everything you all suggested, but it still has not solved my issue. I located the character and reset it's pivot, and changed it's location, but once I did that, the character drifts away under the grid when the custom motion is applied, the only way I get it to stop,  is to remove animation, which beats the purpose. 
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
What is happening now is that the motion is "in place", just not where you want it. When you moved it to a new location, it set a key. So what you're seeing is the translation between its original position and it's "new key" position.

Move it to x zero,Y zero,Z zero at frame 1 in the timeline, make it an "in place" motion, and then collect and save the motion again. It should work correcly after that. It takes a while to get the hang of having motions start at the zero point, but that's helps them align to other motions better.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Rampa
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

please delete
Edited
7 Years Ago by michael7
Discount Play Market
Discount Play Market
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm not sure if I quite understand, so I right click on the character, then click under align then click align to, and click on the ground, and then check mark Pivot,  x zero, y zero, z zero, and then save the motion? Because I did that and I still experienced the same issue. 
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
quinsyr (4/14/2017)
I'm not sure if I quite understand, so I right click on the character, then click under align then click align to, and click on the ground, and then check mark Pivot,  x zero, y zero, z zero, and then save the motion? Because I did that and I still experienced the same issue. 

I think what Rampa was refering to is the x y z set to zero in the Transform menu.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/96e72714-d2b1-42bf-b804-3fb1.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/35b390d4-e935-4807-84f0-0827.png

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic