Profile Picture

Eyes Vanish - Look At

Posted By alanza 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alanza
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hey everyone! I am having an issue with the Look At function in iClone 6.5. I had a models and it was rigged to iClone specifications and everything is working great but for some reason when I try to have the character look at another character or camera using the Look options the eye just vanish. When I use the face puppet and all the other animations tools the eyes are ok. I don't know what can be causing this and this is the first time I have ever seen an issue with the Look At options. 

If anyone has any ideas what can be causing this please let me know! 

Thank you! 
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
If you look at the online manual for 3dxchange 6 pipeline you will see there is a section (Importing FBX I think it is called)
There it explains about the axis of the eye.
Hope it helps you.

Scroll down the page and you will see what I am on about
http://manual.reallusion.com/3DXchange_6/ENU/Pipeline/05_Export/FBX_Limitations_In.htm

Duchess Designs Store 

Edited
7 Years Ago by duchess110
alanza
alanza
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thank you Duchess for the response! I double checked and the axis are the same for both bones and it appears everything is setup correctly. Its still doing it. Whats happening is if i go into wireframe mode i can see the eyes flip into the head which makes it look like its gone. 

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi alanza
Could you post a screen shot of what is happening.
So you say the xyz are all ok.
Then one other thing that comes to mind is do you have the pivot set to the centre of the eye so
that it rotates from centre of mass if not perhaps this is causing the eye to behave strangely.

Duchess Designs Store 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
This happens with many third-party characters. When I was building characters with Makehuman and Blender, I had to re-orient the eye-bones to correct it. Blender has the length of a bone on the Y axis, while iClone needs it on the Z. So I had to edit the bone orientation so that Y was facing forward instead of Z. The result looked odd in Blender because the bone extended out sideways then, but the Z was then aligned properly for the look-at to work.

It required rotating the bone in edit mode, so the mesh stayed-put.

Reading This Topic