Minor issue with CC 2.0 - changing the focal length

Posted By Veganism 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Veganism
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi, as suggested by Animagic, I am posting this minor issue here (from post https://forum.reallusion.com/319416/Character-Creator-where-is-focal-length?PageIndex=1)
My goal is to change the focal length inside CC.
To summarize, with CC 1.5, I was changing the focal length using Rampa's trick. What I did was opening the default CC 1.5 project (\Program\Assets\Creator\Scene\Default.iProject) with iClone 6 so that I get the same lighting as CC 1.5, change the focal length, and then replace the default project of CC 1.5 with this one.
Now with CC 2.0, I cannot open it's default project inside iClone 6, I get an error. My guess is that it was created with a newer version of iClone. So what I did was replace the default project of CC 2.0 with the same one i created previously for CC 1.5, but it created the following issues/observations:
-every time I open CC 2.0, I always have to change the project settings from standard to PBR, even if I saved the project as default ... .
-the background image, when softness is 0, is not blurry (with the CC 2.0 default project, it is always blurry). I don't know which is better. The blurry background hurts my eyes, and looks like there's no easy way to remove it. With the CC 1.5 default project, I start with no background, which I prefer.
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can "remove" the blurred background by going in to the Scene Manager tab and turning off the visibility of the Sky.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/22a667cd-430c-4d29-a0f7-2b3a.png 

Unfortunately this state is not saved with the Project and needs to be turned off every time that the project is opened.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Veganism
Veganism
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I actually had figured this out, but then forgot that I did, the human brain!

Reading This Topic