Profile Picture

Motion Capture FBX file to 3DXChange RootNode Rotated

Posted By annamation 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
annamation
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I'm using Optitrack Motive for my MOCAP - exporting this as a FBX file and importing it into 3DXchange for use on a non-standard Character Creator avatar. When I initially import my MOCAP into 3DXchange my RootNode bone is rotated and when I select Active T-Pose the RootNode bone rotates to the correct position but the skeletons left foot moves behind the right foot. If I rotate the RootNode bone to the correct position select active T-pose I still have the same issue. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi annamation,

A couple screen shots would be useful in trying to help you with this, I think I know what you're seeing though so I'll offer this advice.

You'll want to correct the Tpose before setting the bones has been my experience with 3DX.  So in your case I would rotate the avatar and manually adjust the limbs etc. to a good Tpose, then set the bones and hit active to see if it needs more tweaking.  Once you have a good Tpose then save it so you can import more of your mocap without having to deal with the Tpose setup each time.  Ideally it would be better to see if your mocap program can set a standard Tpose that will work in 3DX.

There's a bunch of 3DX tutorials on YouTube [HERE] that should help, even the older ones with 3DX5 show the basic concept of adjusting the Tpose.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Reading This Topic