CC2 and 100 RL Head neck color

Posted By theschemer 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
How do you pros handle the import of a RL head to get the best looking neck area during the process. It always looks so obvious to me that it is wrong looking but I am curious if I am missing some simple import step. I know it looks better once a shirt is on but what about the guy at the beach? It doesn't change when the character is rotated etc so it's not a shadow (I don't think). Example below:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/db2381c0-3c8c-4849-b790-b8c5.jpg

Thanks,
TS

edit: I guess it is the lighting as I changed the atmosphere and it looks much better. There is still the transition area from the hairline to the neck but I guess that is as good as it gets without modding the image in an external editor. Those shadows get me every time! Smile
Edited
7 Years Ago by theschemer
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
In your case it is the shadow, because the boundary between head and neck is further up. You can easily check its location by turning the Strength down of either texture.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the tip Animagic. Once I realized I could change it with the atmosphere I knew what was going on, and then I noticed the other boundary. Its all good.
TS

Reading This Topic