CrazyTalk Animator 3 vs. Adobe Character Animator CC

Posted By sjonesdc 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sjonesdc
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've been asked to recommend animation software for my work group, of course I recommended the Reallusion suite, however, since the group has the Adobe CC suite, I looked at the Adobe Character Animator CC app (however, it is listed as "Beta"), so,  I'm asking for any input and/or recommendation from this august group and why.  

Thank you!

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I've looked in to Adobe Character Animator but at $240 per year just to use it and however much for content I think CrazyTalk is still the better deal.

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

ramuse1970
ramuse1970
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I currently have the Adobe 2018 suite.
While there is a BETA version listed, there is also a 2018 version of Character Animator listed in my programs list.
Not sure what this is all about, but you may wish to research a bit more before spending any money!
CTA3 now uses only 1 angle per character, which means, that you have to create every angle of the character as a separate character.
This means, that there will be NO automatic changes in angles via the CTA3 Animation Engine. You will literally have to bring in a new character for every angle of your animation.
I am thinking, since all of this must be done anyway, and you already have the Adobe Character Animator (ACA), why pay for a new program that will most likely NOT do more than ACA?
However, I have tried to work with the ACA, and unless you are using a quality camera with a very well lit room, the animation is very dysfunctional, as if the camera doesn't see the actor correctly!
So again, I say, research, research, research!
Cheers! Smile
Edited
6 Years Ago by ramuse1970
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for your input.  However, the decision was made not to purchase any animation software at this time. 

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Reading This Topic