Morphing Faces To Prepare For CT

Posted By phil_78 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
phil_78
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Made a little discovery today, thought I'd share...

I _LOVE_ CrazyTalk, but have been a bit frustrated by the requirement that the model not be smiling.  Given that most people smile in photos, this limitation was killing quite a few photos for use in CrazyTalk.

So today I got playing around and managed to close the lips and hide the teeth in a photo using Morph Age, a morphing/warping app for the Mac.  I'm sure there must be Windows apps that perform these same functions.

Haven't tested the limits of this, probably won't work with any photo, but seems workable for normal smiles. 

Not too hard really.  I draw a line around the upper lip, and another around the lower lip.  Then I draw a line around the entire mouth area to limit the morphing effect to the mouth area.  Then I ease the two lips together, fiddling a bit here and there until it looks reasonable.  Then I export the photo, import in to CT, and let CT do the smiling.

Now I'm smiling too...

Reading This Topic