Profile Picture

extend the catwalk distance

Posted By dirtystreak 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dirtystreak
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi - I want the catwalk walk of Heidi to be over a longer distance before she stops - any idea how can i extend the walk bit inside the motion?
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
With the Timeline open you can:

A) Drag the end of the walk motion out to the right - this will increase the duration, but will cause her to walk slower.

B) Add the Catwalk motion several times, one after the other, on the Timeline until you have the required time.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

dirtystreak
dirtystreak
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
thank you Smile
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I was able to do it by attaching the avatar to the first point in a "Path" and then performing the Catwalk animation. That will make the avatar walk "in-place". Save the animation. Clear the animation from the avatar and add the newly saved animation. It might be good to remove the head animation from this newly created anim to make the extended walk a little smoother. Then break/cut at a good point after the walk starts and find another break point later in the animation to make, as best you can, a looping-walk. Slide  the remaining animation down the time line and make room to repeat the "walking-loop" you just created. Repeat the loop as many time as you need. Remember all this is happening with the avatar "in-place". Then use the Transform keys to move the avatar as far as needed as soon as the walking begins ( place the Transform keys far enough apart to avoid foot-slipping.  There is a big problem with this method ....there is still a great deal of "Foot-Sliding"  especially noticeable when the avatar is standing in one place. If you use the "Align" function you and correct that problem somewhat.  I'm sure Allen or Rampa would have a better solution. Wink   

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
7 Years Ago by mark

Reading This Topic