Atmosphere settings

Posted By theschemer 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Dumb question. How do I make the background of the atmosphere scale to look correct like in the help file? My avatar looks link a kid in a Sequoya forest. If I zoom out the avatar shrinks with the world view. The images from the atmosphere selection all look gigantic in reference to the avatar.
Thanks,
TS 
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
There is no way to scale the atmosphere in CC. The images you load for the IBL are really for lighting rather than scene creation.

KAI did make a nice tutorial on using it. Hope it's useful for you.

duchess110
duchess110
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago

Below the image you will see IBL Transforms.
You could try adjusting the scale

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ae21fcd8-5df9-45ad-89dd-c7b2.jpg

This image was taken from the online manual

Duchess Designs Store 

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Rampa (3/18/2017)
There is no way to scale the atmosphere in CC. The images you load for the IBL are really for lighting rather than scene creation.

KAI did make a nice tutorial on using it. Hope it's useful for you.

Thanks Rampa, that video clears up some things for sure. Very useful.
TS

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

duchess110 (3/18/2017)

Below the image you will see IBL Transforms.
You could try adjusting the scale

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ae21fcd8-5df9-45ad-89dd-c7b2.jpg

This image was taken from the online manual

Duchess, Thanks for the tip. I can't figure out how to get the "IMAGE SIZE" field to show up. Maybe I have to open another different image (not supplied with CC) to see that field??
Thanks,
TS
edit: Oh and by the way, the scale setting achieved what I was trying to do as I had seen images looking more correct to scale in the help file so I knew it was possible.
Edited
7 Years Ago by theschemer

Reading This Topic