Problem with Axix Neuron reinstall

Posted By michael7 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi. I've contacted and have talked with the tec support over at Noitom but I'm not having much luck. I'm trying to install the latest software for axis neuron but I keep getting the same error message whenever I try. Noitom suggested I use a forced uninstall program for the version that was there ( it wouldn't uninstall normally ) , and when that didn't work they gave me some steps for going into the regedit window but that didn't work either. I've provided what they suggested and I'm also supplying a screen shot of the error message I get. I think the problem might be a deleted folder in the APPData folder that the installer can't find. But I don't know how to fix this problem.

Thanks.
From Noitcom;

Visit your Registry Panel

1)WINDOW Button + R
2) Type: regedit on the command line
3)Registry Editor will show up
4) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

5) Search for the SOFTWARE folder 
​​​

6) Right click and select Delete on the folder

This will remove any registry files under Axis Neuron or NOITOM. The motion file folder where you have saved your previous motion captures will not be affected during the removal of Axis Neuron.
Once these steps are done you may reinstall Axis Neuron.

( I assume they meant delete any folder with Noitom and not the entire software folder ).

one way to remove the older Axis Neuron and is to download an UNINSTALLER app; to completely remove https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e69d2142-2d5a-49fe-80ec-f9eb.jpgall traces of the previous software.
Then, you can go ahead and restart the computer and download the new version of Axis neuron Pro.

We hope to hear back from you.

Regards,

Perception Neuron
Sales and Support Department

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I don't have PN, so these are some general comments. I hope you get this sorted out.

Deleting the entire SOFTWARE folder would indeed be disastrous. Also, make a backup of that branch of the registry before making changes.

The error message you are seeing might have been caused by cleaning out the Temp folder. Some PC management programs (e.g, CC Cleaner) do that. Unfortunately, (in)install information is often stored there as well, so when trying to uninstall you get an error message.

As to the registry: sometimes data related to a program is saved in several places. You could try searching for NOITOM or Axis Neuron.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
7 Years Ago by animagic
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

" The error message you are seeing might have been caused by cleaning out the Temp folder. Some PC management programs (e.g, CC Cleaner) do that. Unfortunately, (in)install information is often stored there as well, so when trying to uninstall you get an error message. "

This is definitely the crux of the matter. Any idea of how to get out of it?
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
To fix this is not so easy, and I wish I could be of more help.

You've already tried a forced uninstall, which didn't work. If you have Windows restore points then you could try to go back to a point where the uninstall information is still there. However, this will also uninstall anything else that was changed/updated since the restore point, so that's not ideal either.

Another option is to try a registry cleaner such as CCleaner to get rid of any remnants from the Axis Neuron installation. If there was a driver installed you could check Device Manager for any leftovers.

There are also dedicated uninstall programs, but I haven't had much luck with those if the uninstall information isn't there.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi animagic. I appreciate the help.
I just realized something that might be a part of the problem. I have 2 drives on my computer my main smaller drive c: and my secondary drive E: When I did as Noitom instructed and deleted the noitom folder inside regedit, if I go back to my E: drive there is a version of axis neuron installed there. When I start the program and then go back and look in the regedit, the noitcom folder is back in there. Could the issue of my problem have something to do with a version of the axis neuron program being on my E: drive?

Reading This Topic