Profile Picture

Is there any workflow from DAZ 3D to Iclone? (clothes not characters)

Posted By sbaerman 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is there any workflow from DAZ 3D to Iclone? (clothes not characters)

Author
sbaerman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any workflow to bring DAZ 3D Clothes to Iclone CC. I know, you can import and animate Daz 3D figures, but it would be cool to just bring over the clothes somehow.

So I am asking the community if you have any ideas if and how this maybe done.

Thanks

Steffen

Machines :
MSI Gaming Laptop, I7, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 1 TB HD
Acer Predator Helios 300 I7 10750H, 16GB, 1TB SSD, RTX 2070

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
well the obvious way is to fit them rigged to a CC iAvatar
this has to be done by the end user for their own renders.
Its just a pity the only way to do this is not in D|S, Poser or in my case Carrara which actually can import the rigged CC FBX but the export key crashes CC
People have done it in Blender and Max
what we need is a CC Poser cr2 figure or triax etc weightmapped one those apps can read, I have suggested it before, it could be sold by Reallusion on Renderosity for example as a stand alone figure.
Then while actually making clones for DAZ clothes cannot be redistributed ( just ask Hivewire about that!!!) one at least has a figure to size and scale to and create ones own clones,
 I made my own for Dusk and Dawn BTW and could for an iAvatar as a duf or cr2 figure too if there were one, its a matter of just scaling and posing say G3M to match and exporting the obj to use in morphloader pro to make a clone or loading as a morph in Poser to give the shape to fit the clothes to then doing the same with those clothes convert to prop in D|S with the transfer utility or create an obj for Poser set up room.

Edited
7 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
sbaerman
sbaerman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Hi Wendy,

i assumed that it is that complicated.The reason why I am asking is, that Daz offers much more content than reallusion does. And though there is a way to create own cloth or to bring it over via - as you described complex process, it would be great if CC could somehow read Daz3d data and apply it. RL team, would that not be a nice plugin to have (and sell to the users)?

Because this would be much quicker and give me more time on animation, rather than creating the characters and to learn the complex roundtrip from Iclone to X, Y, Z software to finally import it :-)

Anyone has an idea?

Machines :

Edited
7 Years Ago by sbaerman
sbaerman
sbaerman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ahh and another idea, 

maybe someone who is good at doing this process is willing to freelance and bring over the content. Which, I assume is a matter of cost?

Machines :

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

sadly there is no way to publicly do such a thing though privately if no mesh is being redistributed I guess two individuals could collaborate who is to say, I would be very wary treading such paths which is why like you an automated way to do it myself is preferred.
The duf version of base CC iAvatars which could then be FBX imported with clothes attached via transfer Utility in D|S would be a simple legal way Reallusion could acheive this, standalone figures are quite legal fior their creators to sell Hivewire do it with Dusk and Dawn.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

https://forum.reallusion.com/318345/My-CC-Flowing-Clothes-Workflow-Blender-To-iClone
meanwhile read Delerna's thread and learn Blender is all I can suggest
you can fit and size the clothes to a CC obj export you then delete and then export an obj of that clothes to Blender and use his tutorial.
I just do not get along well with Blender.

sbaerman
sbaerman
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Wendy. That is exactly what I wanted to avoid Crazy

I don't think it is a legal problem if you transfer the files you are getting from DAZ, import them with a tool into Iclone and use them there for film-making. I guess it will be much more tricky if you export them later from Iclone and use them for Game-Development etc.

As far as I understand the license agreements for "non" export Licenses you can do "anything" with them as long as you don't use them in a multipliable way....

So if RL gives us a tool that "autorigs" Clothes from Daz (and they must have something like weightmaps etc in there too to make it work), if 3Dxchange could read it and adapt it to Iclone. It would be super cool and they can sell this as "Pipeline+" or with an extra plugin to buy. In the importing process they can give the object then a limitation to not get exported later and we are fine.

Would that work in theory?

Machines :

Edited
7 Years Ago by sbaerman

Reading This Topic