Saving Single KeyFrame

Posted By Merry Paw 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Merry Paw
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello I'm using IClone 6 Pro Pipeline, and wanted to know the best way to save out a single static pose to FBX format.  I have tried exporting a single frame from IClone to 3DX but oddly the actor I've placed disappears.  I made sure to remove all animations for the actor before doing this so the only pose is the single clip.   Appreciate any help.  Thank you!
Rampa
This post has been flagged as an answer
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
You need to send the animation or pose to 3DX. A pose is simply a one-frame animation. You can use collect clip and send directly to any character loaded in 3DX (r-click on collected region that is blue). You can also drag a clip/pose directly from the iC6 content manager (or anywhere on disk) into 3DX. Drag it right onto a character, or into the motion library. Thirdly, you can import a motion into the motion library from anywhere on disk.
Snarp Farkle
This post has been flagged as an answer
Snarp Farkle
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Rampa beat me to it lol, but this is how I did it too.

The best way I can think of is to make the pose, if you use a motion just find the frame you like for the pose, right click the avatar and remove all animation to save the pose, go to the first frame, use "Collect Clip" from the timeline and save it as a motion file.  Then send your avatar to 3DXchange and import that motion, that has your pose, but don't send it back to iClone instead save it as another avatar.  Clear the avatar you sent to 3DXchange then load the avatar you just saved, right click and your pose will be in "Preform".

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Snarp Farkle
Merry Paw
Merry Paw
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you all! 

Reading This Topic