quicktime video format?

Posted By michael7 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Does anyone know the proper codec to use when exporting a video from Adobe Premiere as a quicktime ( MOV ) file to bring into iclone? I tried a few including animation and each time it says codec not recognized.

Thank you. Smile
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Unless you want to mess around installing codec packs, you will be better off using WMV or AVI for use in iClone. Previously you could just install the Windows version of QuickTime but this is not advised due to security concerns. If you really have to use MOV format, try installing the K-Lite codec pack which should support most MOV codecs.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Peter (RL) (2/10/2017)
Unless you want to mess around installing codec packs, you will be better off using WMV or AVI for use in iClone. Previously you could just install the Windows version of QuickTime but this is not advised due to security concerns. If you really have to use MOV format, try installing the K-Lite codec pack which should support most MOV codecs.

Thanks Peter. I have been using WMV but I've run into an issue with it's low quality and AVI won't work either with it's limitations. I'll try installing the K-lite codec.
michael7
michael7
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

DB post.
Edited
7 Years Ago by michael7
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

You'll get your best visual output from an iClone render using an image sequence. I use .png and you can scale to a very high resolution if needed.  Then take that sequence to your NLR and render the type of animation file you need from there to maintain quality. If you need an audio track just render a .wmv or .avi and sync that up to your image sequence in your NLE...just a thought

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
mark (2/10/2017)
You'll get your best visual output from an iClone render using an image sequence. I use .png and you can scale to a very high resolution if needed.  Then take that sequence to your NLR and render the type of animation file you need from there to maintain quality. If you need an audio track just render a .wmv or .avi and sync that up to your image sequence in your NLE...just a thought

The question was actually about importing video into iClone...Unsure

Note that MOV is just a wrapper (usually around h264 nowadays), so you could also try MP4. Some people have trouble with MP4 videos in iClone, but they work for me. I did install an additional codec pack (see below).

As there have been problems reported with K-Lite, I would recommend the codec packs from shark007.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Maybe someday I'll learn to read...Blink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

After downloading the K-pack codec , I usually use the Reallusion Pop video App to produce video to import in Iclone. For billboard , texture, etc...
I consider Pop video converter as a 3dXchange for video Wink
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I typically use "Super (C)". Normally you need to go through about 2 pages to get to the download but it converts most formats to most other formats with all kinds of setting options. You can even do some basic cropping and cutting. It also has  join mode where you can join same format videos (great when you have made a number of different scene videos and want to join them but don't need any post production).

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic