Water Problem - File Address Changed

Posted By TopOneTone 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TopOneTone
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem and if it may be a result of a recent update. When I try to load Water in either IC5 or IC 6 I get a message telling me a "file failed to load" being the bump video. I have run a search on my PC and the files are where they were always located - in the Shared Templates\Video directory. However the error message suggests the program is now looking for a new location :
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 4 Custom\Water\New Water\WaterNormal01.avi
I was surprised to see reference to "iClone 4" as I have never had this on my PC and don't follow the logic of "Custom" when this is an iclone content template. Which is why it raised my suspicions about a recent update coding error.
As I still have all the files in the original Shared Templates Directory I'm wondering how I can permanently redirect IC5 and IC6 to look for the files there, as currently every time I reload, it reverts back to looking for the IC4 location.
Cheers  
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
No responses yet, I see. Well, I tried to load the water and it works as expected.

I have seen the error message you quote with the iClone 4 path, but in that case the files weren't where they were supposed to be and once I copied them over everything worked. iClone is looking at the expected location, so the error message is incorrect.

Assets such as the water date back from iClone 4 and it looks like the error message is hard-coded. I agree that it should be updated to avoid confusion.

I'm sure you have checked that the video files are indeed under Shared Template\Video on your machine.

The next thing to do is to check in the registry if the path is correct.

Open the Run prompt (Windows key + R), type "regedit" (no quotes), and click "OK". At the User Account Control prompt click "Yes". Regedit will open.

You will see the registry hierarchy. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\iClone\6.0.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4eb36029-ace9-464a-be4d-d3a9.png

Check the value for Shared Template Data. If it is what you expect, it should work, but then you may have to contact RL Support.

If it is incorrect, you can change the value. It is wise then to make a copy of the branch first. Go to File ==> Export. At the dialog, make sure that Selected Branch Only is selected.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

TopOneTone
TopOneTone
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks animagic for responding. I followed your suggestion and the Shared Template Data is as you indicated and what I expected it to be. So I will lodge a request with RL and see if they can help.

Cheers,
Tony
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
TopOneTone (2/9/2017)
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem and if it may be a result of a recent update. When I try to load Water in either IC5 or IC 6 I get a message telling me a "file failed to load" being the bump video. I have run a search on my PC and the files are where they were always located - in the Shared Templates\Video directory. However the error message suggests the program is now looking for a new location :
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Reallusion\Custom\iClone 4 Custom\Water\New Water\WaterNormal01.avi
I was surprised to see reference to "iClone 4" as I have never had this on my PC and don't follow the logic of "Custom" when this is an iclone content template. Which is why it raised my suspicions about a recent update coding error.
As I still have all the files in the original Shared Templates Directory I'm wondering how I can permanently redirect IC5 and IC6 to look for the files there, as currently every time I reload, it reverts back to looking for the IC4 location.
Cheers  

Hi..

Is the problem affecting all water files are just one in particular? If just one, which one is causing the problem?

It will also be worth reinstalling the Resource Pack. You can download the latest version from your Member Account > Registration page. This will make sure all your content files are up to date. Do give it a try and let us know if it helps. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic