Profile Picture

3DXChange to UE4 animation fps mismatch. How should I export?

Posted By notintricate 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

3DXChange to UE4 animation fps mismatch. How should I export?

Author
Problem.png
notintricate
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)Senior Member (346 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi
I have a character with motionplus facial animation which is 16frames long.
I've exported it to FBX via 3DXchange.
Then I imported it to UE4 and I get timeline twice shorter than needed - 8frames
Animation Length - Animated time
Use Default Sampling rate - checked on. 

As far as I understand — iClone works at 60fps that's why I get half of range at import. (I set up 60fps scene in maya and imported it there and it seems to work)
But inside UE4 if I uncheck "Use Default Sampling Rate" it still doesn't import properly! It gives me 10 frames timeline when I export from 3dxchange at 30fps sampling rate. And it gives me 17 frames when I export from
I tried to export from 3DXchange at 60fps with no luck. Still getting arbitrary timeline length.

To summarize: it drives me crazy! 
All I want is to have exactly 16 frames of animation inside UE4 perfectly matching iclone 16frames animation.

Any help is highly appreciated. Help me to figure out the proper export pipeline, thanks!

Reading This Topic