A simple ergonomic improvement for iClone 7

Posted By illusionLAB 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
illusionLAB
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Please please please... make all "numeric entry values" more responsive.  Clicking on the up or down arrow and holding (and waiting) is turning my hair grey! ;-)  Lights in particular... it's incredibly frustrating to have to 'guess' how much brighter a light should be and then enter a value - not to mention changing the angle or translating a character when the gizmo is off screen.  So, click on the up/down arrows and drag up to increase etc.  Holding "Shift" whilst dragging would change the increments by tens, and maybe holding "Alt" whilst dragging would divide the increments by ten (ie. 0.10).  While I'm at it... another enhancement would be the ability to 'snap' to keyframes in the timeline by holding "Shift" whilst dragging... Tab is OK if you've already selected the item, but 'snap' function would be much quicker as it would snap to the 'next' keyframe regardless of what item/parameter is selected - I can't tell you how many times I've added a new keyframe "near or next to" the frame I wanted!  This would also be hugely beneficial when we have Motion Curves in iC7.
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 minutes ago
Enter it as a Feedback Tracker request.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks... I didn't know about the Feedback Tracker.  Please, everybody, go to the tracker and vote... there's still time to make it into iClone 7 ;-)  It perplexes me that a "real time" animation software becomes "stop motion" when you just want to increase/decrease the brightness of a light... or it's position/angle - the same problem when you want to translate a character or prop and you can't see the gizmo... the numeric value entry should be fluid and responsive.
Issue 2109 Basic ergonomic enhancement
mark
mark
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Yep been complaining about this ever since iC6 came out. It was a bit more responsive in iC5.Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 13 minutes ago
Voted!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic