Dual Monitor Issues

Posted By joelnann 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
joelnann
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Greetings all:

I have spent the last 3 months of my life trying to get CrazyTalk 8 (first standard now Pro) to run successfully on my setup.  I am working with tech support but hoped maybe others might have some suggestions since they are so slow to respond (which I get at this price point...not complaining just saying...).

The issue is that in a dual monitor mode at some point the dialogue box for importing/creating a script stops showing up.  Every other dialogue box still displays except the one where you select talk or listen mode.  It took us months to figure out what was happening and now we can't seem to stop it from happening over and over again.  Obviously a bug, but still very frustrating as I keep losing a couple of weeks at a time of being able to use the software while the problem gets fixed again.

To make matters worse, before I could fix the problem by de-installing and re-installing without the second monitor attached but now that isn't even working.  So the million dollar question...

Are any of your running in dual monitor mode?  Are you seeing this problem?  If so, what have you done to fix it...

I should add that I am running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 4 using a Sharp flat screen as an external monitor...

Thanks in advance for your help as always,

Joel (Nashville)
Edited
7 Years Ago by joelnann
Kevin.S
Kevin.S
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
hopefully support will help BigGrin

Freelance Artist Kevin.S

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57cedd8e-58c4-42ce-b2f4-9646.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a59e070-66a0-4914-b0a5-b2dc.png 

Email: animatemyart@gmail.com - Web Site:  www.animatemyart.com
Edited
7 Years Ago by Kevin.S
joelnann
joelnann
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)Veteran Member (609 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks Kevin...certainly something to consider.  I'll give it a look with your suggestions...

I am also waiting to hear from support again as they were the ones who correctly diagnosed the issue last time...i.e. the problem seemed to be that the software/operating system interaction was getting confused on where to put the dialogue box on that particular function once I had connected again to the second monitor.  If it was strictly a memory issue I would think I would see it on different boxes and not the same one every single time...

But certainly worth a look under the hood and again thanks for taking the time to respond.  Looks like you have a sweet setup!  Smile

Thanks,

Joel

Reading This Topic