Profile Picture

CC 2 to Sculptris Mesh vanishing

Posted By pulledprok 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pulledprok
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)Senior Member (414 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I've created a character in CC 2, taken it into 3DXchange 6, then taken it into Sculptris Alpha 6, as an OBJ, using the method I've seen in various tutorials. When I try and bring it back to 3DXchange via the Replace Mesh function, the mesh disappears. If I didn't bring the tongue or teeth along for the round trip, they simply hover in the air inside an invisible body. Otherwise, it's all invisible (the CC_Base_Body layer is still there turned on).

I have all the things turned off in Sculptris I'm supposed to (I think), I'm not adding meshes. I've tried to bring in an OBJ with added mesh just to verify it's a different error message. Has anyone experienced this or have suggestions for troubleshooting?
vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Why do you use xchange and replace Method ?
In CC is an other  workround 
read in the CC Manual "Customizing Morphing Sliders" that is the right way 

As I know in Sculptis you need symmetry turn off , otherwise it breaks the vertex order .

For creating Morphs,  I can recommered the ZbrushCore Version.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
oh yeah the replace mesh was the "Old way" (i am guilty of still having a video up with that info ..) you now do a direct export from inside the CC it generates a key as well that you need to keep track of.     The 3dexchange is no longer a part of changing meshes inside the CC.  

I think its in this video 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
7 Years Ago by urbanlamb
animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
vidi (1/27/2017)
For creating Morphs,  I can recommered the ZbrushCore Version.  

I may have to look into that. I remember there were mixed opinions when it came out. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I believe that with the new CC2 pipeline morphs can be edited/created in any software as long as the points order/ids are not affected.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

vidi
vidi
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I remember there were mixed opinions when it came out. 

In respect of creating morphs ? I think not . Maybe you mean in compare to the Full version , but ZBC is in this case (for morph)  complete and very nice. 
I'm very happy,  I have ZBC now in my Toolbox for the rest I can compensate the lack of  function with 3D coat

I believe that with the new CC2 pipeline morphs can be edited/created in any software as long as the points order/ids are not affected. 
Of course that is not new Wink
 I say not ZBC ist the only one that can do the job , but in compare to my another tools (3D coat, mudbox,  modo, maya , Hexagon, agile, ) it is for me  the best of all , therefore  I wanted it recomnend . 

e.g in mudbox it is very hard to keep the eyelased in place of the eyesocket , not so ZBC Cool

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I know how much vidi loves blender (joking of course) but I will add Blender to the list.  It keeps stuff where you need it and uses modifiers which i actually like.   Its also well free Smile   I think I know the sculptris video he is going by I think Tokomotion made one long ago using that but that info is outdated and created before this pipeline was finished inside the CC.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Reading This Topic