Profile Picture

how do i export

Posted By danim8r 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
danim8r
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
just started using crazytalk. how do I export models textures and blendshapes to maya? 

what additional  reallusion software package will I need?
with an end goal of using the characters generated in a maya or 3dsmax or motionbuilder scene, how do I export and rig?

what additional reallusion software package will I need?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
CrazyTalk Animator 3 is a 2D product which uses images and sprites to create characters and props. It doesn't use 3D meshes like iClone.

Do you perhaps mean CrazyTalk 8 which does work with 3D heads?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

danim8r
danim8r
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)Senior Member (330 reputation)

yes we have purchased crazytalk8 pipeline and need to know the most efficient accurate pipeline to create a character with the locked facial characteristics we apply in crazytalk 8 combined with a body from character generator. we also wish to be able to design the characters garb to reflect the art provided by the client. specific coats fabric styles and looks etc... then export to autodesk software for rigging and animation.

will facial blendshapes also be accessible for alteration and editing etc?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Thanksfor clarifying you are using CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline. This is the CrazyTalk Animator forum (different product) which caused the confusion.

To be able to export your CrazyTalk 8 3D heads you will need to have iClone 6 Pro and Character Creator + 3DXchange 6 Pipeline. The process will then be to send your CT8 3D head to Character Creator, then dress your character in the way you want before finally exporting as an FBX file. The character will already be rigged so you will not need to do this later.

I would advise spending a little time going through the many video tutorials we have that cover the processes involved. We have a large library of video tutorials covering CrazyTalk 8, iClone 6 Pro/Character Creator and 3DXchange 6 Pipeline. You can find them below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Reallusion/playlists?view=1&flow=grid

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
7 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
danim8r
danim8r
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

thank you for the clarification. admittedly there is a level of confusion with so many different small parts of software to comprise the bigger picture.

is there any way to move this thread to the appropriate area?

Reading This Topic