A few pipeline observations on the CC 2.0 Beta

Posted By WarLord 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
WarLord
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
Pipeline Summary:

CC 2 Beta Avatar out to 3DXchange Pipeline then obj out to zBrush for sculpting. Also, export an fbx version to load into max so I can import and rig the new clothes. Max units are set to centimeters and so far no problem with world center. Imported objects come in exactly as they left the prior pipeline application whether it be zBrush or Studio Max. Body sculpting on the mesh is done in zBrush and the mesh exchanged in 3DXchange. The clothing is made in zBrush then exported as obj and imported to Studio Max and rigged to the character. In most cases a simple Skin Wrap modifier copies the existing skinning with little to no problems so no re-rigging and corrections are few at this point.

Observations:
The Constellation Suit concept character sailed through the entire pipeline with no major problems. A real time and money saver from a character dev point of view. The entire development process from concept art to deployment was a few hours.  While I did not paint the spacesuit in zBrush… the character called for all white… I have not had any problems with zBrush painting not transferring to CC 2 Beta. I have created several characters in the time that used to be reserved for one.

I have had no stability issues. No lost work. No unexpected errors which is extremely rare in pipeline work. Using a highly-customized base mesh from CC speeds up the process by a creating base that mimics the character’s body style. This is another big timesaver. 

I’m not finding a negative yet. 

Retired Digital Freelancer, Author, and Die Hard Animator No Longer Under Adult Supervision.
Doing what I want to do... instead of what someone else's script forces me to do.
Writer and reviewer at Reallusion Magazine

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
@WarLord
Have you tried to bypass 3DXchange and export/re-import directly your OBJ/FBX from/into CC2.0 ?

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Reading This Topic