iClone BVH to Genesis 3 in DAZ

Posted By Emory_Ahlberg 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Emory_Ahlberg
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello All,

I've purchased the iClone 7 Animation Pipeline. 

I've followed all the tutorials I could find but I can't figure out how to properly import a BVH file to a Genesis 3 character in DAZ.

I've used the Genesis Extension on the DAZ figure, brought it into iClone, animated it, and then exported the animation back out to 3DXchange as a BVH.

However, when I try to apply the BVH to the character in DAZ, everything goes funky. The character's upper body never really leaves the t-pose and the arm gets bent back. What's worse is that it only runs through a couple of seconds of the animation.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong and, more importantly, how to fix it? Thank you!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f7f98d54-c484-4f19-ba99-86d8.png

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
These are iC5 based tutorials, but the process has not changed.

Emory_Ahlberg
Emory_Ahlberg
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)

Yep, those are the tutorials that I followed.

For the record, I also tried this on Genesis and Genesis 2. They didn't work either, also the derpiness was different:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ee501d07-5173-417e-85dc-f47f.jpg

What the funk?

Emory_Ahlberg
Emory_Ahlberg
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Okay! I got Genesis 2 working, and now I've been able to convert the animation using the "Animation Conversion for Genesis 3" product. It converts G2 animations into G3 animations. There are a few issues but, overall, it works.

Unfortunately, I still can't get the facial animations to export. I'll have to use DAZ's Mimic Live and adjust the expressions manually, which I'd probably end up doing anyway.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
you cannot use the facial animation from iClone in DAZ studio because it exports as Blendshapes and BVH only contains bone animation information.
Genesis 3 is the one DAZ figure I can export facial animation for because it has a bone rigged face but the Reallusion duf does not use those bones, I made my own profile in 3Dexchange by manually moving and rotating bones for every single facial muscle, viseme preset and that does export.
Sadly I did not do a terribly good job of it!!!

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
in Carrara I do create morph targets for stuff and it will export baked on timeline to 3Dxchane but rather irrelevant to this as Genesis 3 does not work in Carrara from DAZ studio, it crashes it.
The 3Dx export will work in Carrara though.
One way I do use Genesis 3 in Carrara is a prop with morphs where I do a few simple poses as morph targets for an obj import, or I fit it to Genesis 2 as a a clothing asset and use it alone, that of course changes the rigging.
There is something about D|S new rigging Carrara just does not like.

cheyennerobinson
cheyennerobinson
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
The fix is simple.  It took me a long time to find out how to fix it but I got this fix for importing BVH motions from Motionbuilder.  This is how you correct the problem.
1.) Make sure to unlock all rotations on joints/bones.
2.) Select the genesis 3 character
3.) Import motion
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/052fc2a1-eeab-4798-a807-ea3d.png
   3a.) Click Show Details >  Here you will make the map the bones from the import to the genesis 3 scene character.  For best results unmap all joints and then remap.  If you don't do this the arms will stay up. This is tedious but you can save the mapping to use anytime.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/71f93235-e0b5-433e-8e44-2bd0.png

4.) Now your charater is in Daz3d Studio with motions created in 3dxChange.  Remember to correct the jitters and make your charater seems that he/she are not walking on air you must select the joint editor tool and move the hip joint to the floor.

Hope this helps everyone as i know it helped me. 

Reading This Topic