Profile Picture

my c drive is a ssd card no room for iclone 6,how to install to other drive

Posted By pastafazoule2 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

my c drive is a ssd card no room for iclone 6,how to install to other...

Author
pastafazoule2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
i have a cdrive ssd card no room for iclone 6,my fdrive has room to install iclone6 so can i install the program and all addons on my fdrive,is there any trick to it or just change the drive from c to f everytime it ask where to go
wires
wires
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
The safest way is to uninstall iClone and then reinstall it. The main program will still be on your C drive but you can select where to have all your content placed.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

pastafazoule2
pastafazoule2
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
hi i havent installed it yet going to buy it today, but there is no room on my c drive so your saying there is no way i can install the program on the f drive,also if you install addons to another drive then what iclone is on will it see it thank you for reply
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
pastafazoule2 (1/4/2017)
hi i havent installed it yet going to buy it today, but there is no room on my c drive so your saying there is no way i can install the program on the f drive,also if you install addons to another drive then what iclone is on will it see it thank you for reply

If you haven't installed it yet, just install and choose the drive you want for the program, template content and custom content to be installed on. It doesn't have to be the C: drive. Once installed any content packs you download will automatically go onto the drive you chose during install.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That's good to know.  I'm not a software guy so I never mess with the locations that a program wants to install to.  can I install iClone7 to another drive and keep iClone6 on my C drive?  Will that cause issues with my content that I have already downloaded over the past few years?
Thanks,

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
45thdiv (1/24/2017)
That's good to know.  I'm not a software guy so I never mess with the locations that a program wants to install to.  can I install iClone7 to another drive and keep iClone6 on my C drive?  Will that cause issues with my content that I have already downloaded over the past few years?

iClone 7 will have its own Template and Content directories, independent from iClone 6.

To use previous iClone content in iClone 7, you can usually copy it over. There may be resource and or bonus packs that are specific for iClone 7, so those you would install.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic