Hello world

Posted By garylearntech 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
garylearntech
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Everyone - as requested, here's a quick introduction from me…

I've worked in IT for … well, let's just say "for a very long time".  Always been a Mac user, though I sometimes have to use Windows boxes at work.

A few years ago I purchased CrazyTalk7 PRO.  But I never managed to get into it.  Then, about a year ago, I decided that what I should really have bought was CrazyTalk Animator, so I purchased CrazyTalk Animator 2 Standard version. But I never managed to get into it either.

You'd think that I'd know better when the promotional emails began to come out for CrazyTalk Animator 3, wouldn't you?  Bury my head in the sand or join a monastery or something like that.  But no, here I am – now the owner of CrazyTalk Animator 3 PRO (plus G3 Power Tools 1).  This time…  This time I'm gonna make it work!  (My own self-respect is at stake here!)  I think I've watched all the YouTube tutorials I can find about CTA3.  I've also been all over Garry Pye's Facebook page.  Now I think I'm just about ready to start dabbling in a real project…

I work at a Scottish university as a learning technologist, providing development support to staff.  My goal is to make eye-catching instructional videos for my colleagues.  The core will be screen recordings of me carrying out various tasks and explaining what, how and why I'm doing.  But there are a number of areas where there's nothing really to show in the web browser, so this is where CTA3 will come in.  I'll be producing little animated scenes (for the fun of it) before cutting to actual screencast material.  CTA footage will be inserted to the Camtasia project and final video exported from there.  Hope that makes sense?

Gary

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi, Gary, and WELCOME to the Reallusion family.
Or should I say, "Welcome back, and back, and back again?"

I'm an iClone type of guy and have barely touched the CrazyTalk products, but I enjoy seeing what they can do.

I can relate to your "self-respect" comment.  I hate it when a piece of software beats me.  Sometimes I figure things out simply to not let the software win.  It's a matter of pride.  I may never get real good at it, but by golly I'll at least figure out "how" to do it if I want to.

Good luck, and I hope you have fun.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Gary... Welcome to the forum. Hopefully it will be third time lucky for you with CTA3. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

garrypye
garrypye
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hey Gary. Hang in there with CTA3, it's an awesome piece of software and once you get the hang of it, you can produce quality animation in a short period of time.

You mentioned that you had visited my Facebook page. If there is anything I can to do to help, answer questions or just have a chat about CTA3, message me there and I'm happy to help.

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Thanks, Garry, I might just take you up on your offer at some point.
Belated thanks also to justaviking and Peter, for their welcomes too. 

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)

animagic
animagic
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Let me add my welcome to you as well. Just like Viking, I'm an iClone guy (for over 10 years), but it took me quite some time to get going. It's best to start simple and have patience! Fortunately, there are a lot of helpful people on this forum, so just ask when you get stuck.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks.  And I certainly agree with the baby steps advice – it's just that sometimes you can get carried away and want to try bigger things!

---

schming2
schming2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)

Hi. I read in another forum post that you use CTA4 with the silicon m1 chip. I just bought a Max studio Max with the M2 and I get an error when installing the latest CTA4 software. I get just before the HD destination and then the error message and then the spinning ball of annoyance. Rosetta 2 doesn't pop up and I can't choose to open the installer with Rosetta. How did you install the software? Thanks if you can help.
schming2
schming2
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)Senior Member (361 reputation)

Hi. I figured it out. I didn't realize I needed to uninstall CTA4 in my old mac and then register again on my new mac. Too much stuff to remember.  (o:

Reading This Topic