How to Import a Custom Model?

Posted By GreedyPeopleSuck 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I want to import my model from ZBrush into CrazyTalk8 but I am having a nightmare of a time. I can get a non-standard rigged iAvatar via 3DXchange into iClone easy enough, but I can't figure out how to get my model into Crazy Talk 8.

The Character Creator doesn't import FBX for some reaosn without a key (whatever that is), and it doesn't import the iAvatar I made. It's very unclear (as with most things in RA software), how to proceed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXncXsft10 This tutorial very unclearly glosses over something that's pretty important.  :-)

Any idea? 
vidi
This post has been flagged as an answer
vidi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I want to import my model from ZBrush into CrazyTalk8 but I am having a nightmare of a time. I can get a non-standard rigged iAvatar via 3DXchange into iClone easy enough, but I can't figure out how to get my model into Crazy Talk 8

Not possible . Like the message says,  in your another post only CC Character . That mean not own Charactermesh , only morphs made  from CC Mesh
The Character Creator doesn't import FBX for some reaosn without a key (whatever that is)

if you export a CC Character as FBX , CC will  created a FBX key too  , that key is needed if you create a morphslisder or conforming Clothing .

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
vidi (12/11/2016)
I want to import my model from ZBrush into CrazyTalk8 but I am having a nightmare of a time. I can get a non-standard rigged iAvatar via 3DXchange into iClone easy enough, but I can't figure out how to get my model into Crazy Talk 8

Not possible . Like the message says,  in your another post only CC Character . That mean not own Charactermesh , only morphs made  from CC Mesh
The Character Creator doesn't import FBX for some reaosn without a key (whatever that is)

if you export a CC Character as FBX , CC will  created a FBX key too  , that key is needed if you create a morphslisder or conforming Clothing .

So what exactly is the workflow for converting my models to be used in Crazy Talk? It can't really be to resculpt my portfolio...right?

I get sort of the reason they wouldn't want to do some weird morph, it's a complicated, suboptimal way of implementing an auto-rig, but why would you need a checksum key to import?

Do you see this changing in iClone7?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
nadiak (12/11/2016)

So what exactly is the workflow for converting my models to be used in Crazy Talk? It can't really be to resculpt my portfolio...right?

I get sort of the reason they wouldn't want to do some weird morph, it's a complicated, suboptimal way of implementing an auto-rig, but why would you need a checksum key to import?

Do you see this changing in iClone7?

Only CC based characters can be used in CrazyTalk 8. If you wish to use non-standard characters in iClone 6 then that is not a problem as you can import them as such using 3DXchange 6 Pro or Pipeline. For CrazyTalk 8 the only option for your 3D portfolio would be to render images of them and create 2D characters from the rendered images. Then they could be animated in CT8. But as 3D heads it's not possible I'm afraid unless they are in CC format.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic