How to Get Character to Remain in Frame

Posted By carl_08 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
carl_08
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I hope there's an easy solution for this. I just posted about freezing a character's mouth at certain points in the video but while waiting for a reply, I was just going to make 2 separate videos: one that has the character singing and the exact same character just bobbing their head. So I import the character, apply the audio track and export it. It looks great! Then, all I do is delete the audio track and just use the puppet face editor to bob the head to the beat. I don't change the position of the character at all, but when it renders, the characterhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f4642d02-0119-4cac-b642-1784.png is off the screehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/883869f0-1df2-4f70-9e2b-86ce.pngn. Why isn't this character centered? And is there a way to see the "stage" so I can see where the character will be. The images below show the first render, which turns out fine, and the second render where the character is off the screen.
Thanks for any help!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Theremay be erroneous transform key data has been set that changes the position of the head. Try opening the timeline and review the transform track for keyframes. If you only have a single keyframe at frame 1, then try deleting it which will reset the head.

EDIT: If the positioning issue only occurs in the render and not when previewing in CT8, then transform keys won't be the issue. In this case it could be graphical glitch. Do ensure your graphics drivers are up to date as render issues can be a result of outdated drivers.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
8 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
carl_08
carl_08
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)Veteran Member (872 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks for your reply. This IS only happening when rendering. I'm working on a MacBook Pro and have updated to Sierra so all drivers are up to date. I've just gotten into the habit of doing a test render of a few frames before I do a final render. The characters still just randomly get placed all over the screen but I just move them once I do the test render.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for updating us.

If you continue to have problems and are sure its not user error, then please feel free to contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will be able to check this issue for you and advise accordingly.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic