Profile Picture

Character creator for G2, G3 set

Posted By RogueVapor 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RogueVapor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
You have a character creator for iClone, why not ease the burden for CrazyTalk Animator. What would be amazingly great is if you could use 3Dexchange to take characters for iClone into CrazyTalk Animator!!!
RogueVapor
RogueVapor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)Senior Member (336 reputation)

RogueVapor (11/27/2016)
You have a character creator for iClone, why not ease the burden for CrazyTalk Animator. What would be amazingly great is if you could use 3Dexchange to take characters for iClone into CrazyTalk Animator!!!

In my continued frustration with both G3 character creation lack of full documentation or with G2 having to master a different companies product (Adobe's Flash/Animator) and the complexity of G2 content creation, not to mention the lack of CTA content (compare iClone to CTA store) I'm hitting this thread back up.

I can't get my mind off how great it would be for either 3DXchange, or just a iClone render mode, to convert G1/G2 characters to G3. Not to mention taking iClone / Daz or other 3D content and converting into G2 or G3 characters, which would substantially increase cross sale of iClone and CTA core product, but also substantially increase content store sales volume, and increase value to your customers.

Think about how great the pipeline would be to make/morph/dress my iClone characters, and import them into CTA as either G2 or G3 characters. (Maybe 3D to G2 conversion is too much to ask, translating pixels to vector, but it certainly seems pretty simple to take a 3D character to G3 - that is basically what I am doing manually right now, via multiple renders with body parts turned off/on, from Daz. Automating that process via 3DX or just a render mode in iClone7, or even just an import option in CTA would be fantastic!)

Increased value to your customers, increased cross product sales, increased Content Store sales of both new and reinvigorated old Content Store product = Win/Win.  

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
For me personally, if I wanted a 3D character, I'd use iClone.  But I want 2D, so am using a 2D animation system, such as CTA.  I don;t necessarily want to mix my 3D and my 2D.  If I absolutely want a 3D character in my 2D, I'd render him out in a T-Pose, and rig him in CTA2 as a 2D image.  I don;t think moving characters back and forth between iClone and CTA is a good idea, they're completely different paradigms.
RogueVapor
RogueVapor
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I understand what you are saying. And I certainly don't think everyone would agree with me. But when I look at the work flow for G2 characters, in Flash (It would just be easier to create my own 3D character, rig him, drop him in 3DX - and away I could go.

With G3, perhaps once I understand all the ins and outs like eyes (I finally got my first semi-working set in tonight), or they release the patch and template for entire character creation in PS, everything will be rosy.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
The thing is that a G2 character is so far outside the bounds of normal 2D animation.  It's a gimmick purely, like toon shading 3D to make it look like it's 2D.  Everybody went gaga because their 2D characters could move around in pseudo-3D space, but it just doesn't look like good 2D animation.  Hook up motion capture to it, and it looked even worse, especially with the very jarring sprite replacements.  I would recommend, if you want to do 2D animation, stay away from G2 characters.  Good 2D animation only needs 1 angle of viewing, typically 45 degrees.  You can do everything you need with 1 good 45 degree angle character. 

Reading This Topic