How to import my characters without flash ans then save them

Posted By Skytty 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to import my characters without flash ans then save them

Author
Skytty
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)Senior Member (412 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi guys

I recently start to use cta2 pipeline, i use adobe photoshop and illustrator to create my puppets but no flash even tough i can save my files on swf.

the tutorial close to what i expect to do : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLN1bA37gaI&t=200s

I have some question about it :
- Should I install adobe flash in order to create and import my whole puppet on cta ?
- Do you use another software instead of  flash ? if yes which one ?
- Can I import my ai or psd file saved as a swf file even if i don't have this software ?
- how can i save my own customized character (but also objetcts, scene, sfx...) on cta ?

Thank you in advance.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 hours ago
You can only import a whole character using a template (flash or drawplus).
Otherwise you can import each sprite one at a time using your swf files. doing each one at time is more tedious but if you don't use flash that is the only way. 
CTA3 will have, in a future update, the ability to import from a photoshop psd file using layers.

You can save parts of your custom character  (i.e. head, upper, lower, etc.) or the whole character in you custom character folder.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic